PHASE 7: Games

- July 4 -
> Crystal POV <

" Where's the last place you saw her?", I ask as we landed in the mainland. " A village near Sunagakure", the blonde man answered. I transformed into my human form and my subordinates did the same. " That's where we'll start", I said. We followed the humans to wherever they were taking us. That night, the boy Kakashi walked up to me when everyone went to sleep. " Shouldn't you be resting?", I ask as he sat down. " I can't stop thinking", he answered. " Thinking about what?", I asked him again. He seemed to hesitate before he gave me his answer. " Her", he said. He eyes vert to the ground and his cheeks went pink, I smiled.

I look up at the sky, it was different from home. " The sky is prettier at night at the Islands than it is here", I say not lifting my glance off the moon. " Really?", he asked. I felt him look at me. " You can see all the stars and they sparkle brightly", I replied. There was silence for quite a while. " Your name is Crystal right?", he suddenly asks. " Yeah", I answer. "Can I call you that?", he asks. " I guess", I reply. He seemed surprise by my answer. I grew a liking to the boy. I could sense the darkness in him, but their was also light.

We didn't speak for the rest of the night and he fell asleep against my shoulder. " General", I heard Grey say on the other side of the tree. "Some human is tracking us", he whispered. "Probably the same ones who took her. We'll catch them in the morning and interrogate them", I said. He disappeared back inside the leaves. At dawn we started moving again. One of the human girls seemed really grumpy. " She hates Okami", Kakashi whispered behind me. "Why?", I ask telepathically. " I don't know. She said that she's rude and doesn't talk to anyone and she didn't. She got really mad because of that. You speak telepathically?", he answers. " Yeah. Does she talk to you?", I ask back. " Well, more than she did to the others", he replies.

That afternoon we decided to catch the tracker. He was weak and told us everything, everything. " That was a lot easier than I thought", said Obito. " But all that way to the the Water Country? It's gonna be hard to get in there", Kushina said. " Water Country?", asked Grey. " Yeah, one of the Five Nations. Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, and Lightning. Then there's the smaller ones like the Waterfall", explained Kakashi. " What if it's a trap? Or he gave random answers?What if whoever captured her wanted us to capture him", I said. All the humans faces went blank.

     It was clear they never thought of that. " It may be a lead", Minato said. " I think we should still go", Kushina suggested. Kakashi looked at me waiting for an answer. I look at Grey and then nodded at each other. " Fine, but stay alert", I said. A took several days before we reached the Water Country. It would've been faster without the humans, but we weren't gonna let them ride us. We followed a map the tracker had. It led us to a mountain in the woods. " It's raining to much. I can't smell anything", Jay complained. She was new, but I trusted her.

     " Just get use to it. Use your ears", Grey barked. His voice was a bit harsh, but he was her mentor.  Grey and I have already been using our ears ever since it started raining, but we haven't heard anything. When we got closer to the foot of the mountain, there was a carved entrance. " Can you see what's inside?", the girl with brown short hair asked. I recalled that her name was Rin. " There's no one inside", I said. " It's possible they put a barrier so that we can't use our abilities and to keep her in", I added. "I don't see or sense anything either", Grey said. I looked at the humans and then at Grey and Jay.

     " Grey, stay with Jay outside in case something bad happens. Minato and Kakashi come with me", I announced. " But Crys-", started Grey, but I cut him off. " I won't take any objections from you. Do you have any?", I asked the humans. " Can you take me with you? If one of you get injured I can help", Rin insisted. " I can take care of that, any others?", I repeated. " This is okay, come one Kakashi", Minato said walking into the entrance. Kakashi followed after him. I stayed behind them in the back. Nothing has happened for the past five minutes. " This probably was a mislead. They captors would've noticed us by now", Kakashi said.

     " Exactly", said a males voice. The narrow hallway turned into a enormous room. "Crystal! What the hell is going on over there?! The entrance just shut closed!", Grey yelled telepathically. " Welcome to the first game of your rescue for your poor old friend. Let me state your rules. First of all, there is a total of 5 games. One in every Big Nation. If you want to find your friend, you must win all games and follow all rules:
#1) You can't call help from the outside
#2) You can't use any jutsu's
#3) Any competitor must not die in the game or else you lose
If you are to break any of these rules, your friend is dead. Good luck to all of you", the record ended. All the sudden I felt my paws become wet. I look down at the ground and the water was rising, fast. " There's no openings at the top, how are we gonna get out?", Kakashi asked looking at the water as it rose up to his waist. " First of all, get on my back or else you'll drown. Second of all, we need to get near the wall so we can make an opening", I said. A lowered to the ground so that Kakashi could climb up easier.

     We had to practically swim to the side of the room because it was huge and we were standing in the middle. Rocks started floating around making it harder to swim and pretty soon, we were probably at least fifteen feet of the ground because I couldn't feel it anymore. Then the waves came, strong waves making it impossible to swim the opposite direction. "The waves are to strong, how are we gonna get out?", Kakashi asks. His behavior was better than I thought. I thought he was gonna be trembling or something. I looked around me. I couldn't see far because of the water.

     Pretty soon we were at the peak of the mountain with barely any air left. I started clawing at the roof. Rock and first fell on me, but I continued digging. Minato held Kakahi above the water making sure he was still breathing. I managed to make a hole and the water bursted out of the mountain like a volcanoe taking us with it. I landed hard on the ground and everything went black, my ears ringing.