PHASE 5: Missing

- April 10 -
> Kakashi POV <

Today was our first mission with Okami. We were to escort some Sunagakure shinobi to a rendezvous point. I could already tell that Kimiko wasn't looking forward to it just by looking at her face. " C'mon, it can't be as bad as you think", Rin said trying to cheer her up. "Well this our first time actually working with her so we can't judge her now", Minato said before we were dismissed.

     Obito was late again as usual. We met up with the shinobi not long after we left the village. Nothing interesting had happened when we to to rendezvous point. That was until Obito disappeared. " Obito! Where are you!", Kimiko practically yelled through the streets of town. " Stop yelling", I say annoyed. She crossed her arms shuts up. I felt a hand tap on my shoulder and found Okami behind me. She gestures her head to a dark alleyway. We slowly dispersed from the group and went down the alley. I followed her through streets until we eventually went started going through the forest surrounding the village.

     " Where are we going?", I asked after a really long time of silence. We were far from the village and the others were probably looking for us now. She just looked at me through the back of her eyes. " I found him", she finally said. This is the second time she's spoken ever since we met.  " Obito? How? If here's this far how could you find him?", I ask. " His scent. His captors went through that village we were in", she replied. " We're close", she adds. Scent? Does she have a strong nose? She slowed down to stop and we hid behind a tree.

     " Where's the rendezvous point?!", said a big man smacking Obito in the face. " I'm not telling you anything! My friends are gonna find me and we're gonna kick your guys butt!", he yelled back. Okami signaled me and appeared behind the big mans head. She kicked him in the head knocking him down to the ground. I teleported behind Obito and cut the ropes tied around his wrists and ankles with my kunai. "Kakashi!", he said surprised rubbing his red wrists. " How did you find me?", he said. " I'll explain later, we gotta leave", I said turning towards Okami. She already knocked them out and we made our leave.

     " So how'd you find me?", Obito asked as we jumped branch from branch back to the village. " I wasn't the one who found you, Okami did", I
replied. " Really? Where's Minato-sensei and Rin?", he asked again. " Okami only told me. They're at a village not far from here. Do you have any other questions?", I say a bit annoyed. " No", he says. Okami stopped talking again ever since we found Obito. I still wondered why she only spoke to me and maybe Jiraiya. She even only told me that she found Obito. I didn't know enough about her, and I became interested in her.

     " Where did you two  go?! I was so worried!", Rin says running up to us. " Even if you found a comrade you shouldn't disappear on the others", Minato-sensei says from behind. " So, how'd you find him", Kimiko says facing Okami. Okami suddenly pushed Kimiko as a knife stabbed into the wall next to us. "Why'd you do-", Kimiko started, but shut her mouth as a woman appeared next to us. " My boss is quite interested in you puppy girl", the woman said standing in front of Okami.

- June 27 -

     " We have to find her! Who knows what that woman is doing to her", Rin complained again at practice again. " We can't find Okami until we get a lead", I say trying to stop her from continuing to complain. Even though I didn't want to admit, I couldn't get my mind off Okami. I was worried about her ever since she was kidnapped two months ago and she's only been in Konoha for a short while. That was her first mission too. Then I felt my eyes get big. "Kakashi?", Rin said, her voice back to normal. " Did you think of something?", Minato-sensei asks walking up to me. " On that one night at the firework festival, Okami asked me this really weird question", I said looking up at Minato-sensei.

     " And what was that question?", he asked. "How would you react if someone you knew told you that they weren't human", I said. "That they weren't human?", he repeats that last words. " What does that have to do with her capture? That doesn't mean anything", Kimiko snaps. " Actually it might. Let's say Okami isn't human and she had some power that made that woman's boss become interested in that power. It's also possible that's why she never talked to anybody or human being", Minato-sensei says. " But that's to impossible to be true though. Of course Okami is human, she looks completely normal", Kushina-san objects.

      " What if she's like you", Minato-sensei says looking at her. " You mean...... she's a Jinchuriki like me?", Kushina says as her eyes look to the ground. " Well, that's not all she said", I say remembering that she had a second part to her question. " What, she said more?", Kimiko says. Her face showed that she wanted this conversation to drop. " She said something like, ' What if they were like a beast or monster that had the ability to...", " ... look human", Kushina finishes my sentence. We went to the Third to tell him what we found out. Jiraiya-sama was there too. " Okami might not be human and that she might have some power that caused for her capture, right", the Third said before we even mentioned anything.

     " We already thought about that and might find a way to find Okami. We were gonna send you on mission", Jiraiya said after. " Where were you gonna send us?", Minato asks. " The Western Channel Islands, we thought of a theory to where it's possible that Okami came from there", the Third replied. " The Western Channel Islands? There's no inhabitants there", I say. " Actually, there is. The is a very powerful and strong wolf demon race called the Blood Claw Wolf Clans", Jiraiya said to my statement. "The Wolf Clans? I thought they were a myth", Kushina said. " Well that's because they completely cut themselves off from the human world. All travel routes and any communications were shut down. It's been like this for hundreds of years. Anyone foolish enough to go there was never seen again", Jiraiya said.

     " Then what difference does it make for us?",  Kimiko said in an irritated tone. " It doesn't. We would be putting our life on the line just by going there"  I answered. I had enough of her attitude. " And we're going too. Okami is a part of Team Minato so we have to take this chance if it means saving her", Rin announced. Everyone nodded except Kimiko who scoffed and rolled her eyes. I was going to save Okami, whether she's human or not, even if I die, I will save her.