Chapter Four

Prince Ben approached Jay.

"It is so, so, so good to finally me-" Jay punched Ben in the stomach at the offer of a handshake. "-meet you all."

Ben moved on from Jay to Mal. She had a stern, cold look on her face, almost like she was about to kill someone. And yet, she took Ben's hand and shook it. He lingered on her touch, staring into her hazel eyes, time seeming frozen.

"This is a momentous occasion." Ben still held onto Mal's hand as he moved on to Carlos, until she yanked his hand away. "And one that I hope will go down in history..." Ben shook Carlos' hand for a brief second, then removed it and licked his fingers. "Is that chocolate?" He moved on to shake Evie and my hands quickly. "...as the day our two peoples began to heal."

"Or the day you showed five peoples where the bathrooms are," Mal joked. Ben walked over and looked her in the eyes.

"A little bit over the top?" He asked.

"A little more than a little bit," Mal chuckled.

"Well, so much for my first impression."

They both laughed at his joke, and I smirked.

"Hey! You're Maleficent's daughter, aren't you?" Audrey butt in.

Oh this isn't going to end well, I thought. Mal nodded and Audrey continued.

"Yeah, you know what? I totally do not blame you for your mother trying to kill my parents and stuff."

Mal's eyes went wide and I sighed.

"Oh boy," Prince Jon muttered.

"Get the guards ready," I joked. We both looked at each other and chuckled.

"Oh, my mom's Aurora." She looked right at Mal. "Sleeping-"

"-Beauty," Mal cut in. "Yeah, I've heard the name. You know, and I totally do not blame your grandparents for inviting everyone, but my mother, to their stupid christening."

"Water under the bridge."

"Totes!"

They both forcibly laughed, and ended on an awkward sigh; something I found really annoying. I glanced at Jon and rolled my eyes, and he smirked.

"Okay!" Ben clapped his hands together, breaking the moment. "So, how about a tour?"

"Sure. I've got nothing better to do," I sighed.

"Alright! So, Auradon Prep. Built over three-hundred years ago and converted into a high school by my father when he became king." We followed Ben, Mal leading, into a small garden. A large bronze statue of a man stood in the center. Ben clapped his hands, and the statue morphed into a beast like figure. Carlos screamed and leapt into my arms.

"Jeez, you're heavy," I gasped. He clung to my neck and I rolled my eyes.

"Carlos, it's okay. My father wanted his statue to morph from beast to man to show us that anything is possible."

"Does he shed much?" Mal asked.

"Yeah, mom won't let him on the couch," he joked.

The others kept walking, and I let Carlos down before walking away with a huff. Carlos lingered and stared at the statue, afraid, then dashed after us. We entered the actual building, and what I saw was astounding. It was a large building with carved, oaken staircases and large windows, along with a large, grey carpet spreading across the floor.

"So, do you guys have a lot of magic in Auradon?" Mal asked, suddenly seeming suspicious. "Like wands and stuff like that

"Yeah, it exists," Ben replied, not picking up on how Mal was acting. "But it's pretty much retired. Most of us here are just ordinary mortals."

"Who just happen to be kings and queens."

"That's true!" Audrey chimed in. I rolled my eyes at her obvious self-obsession. "Our royal blood goes back hundreds of years." Audrey wrapped Ben's arm around her shoulders and they both giggled, but Ben's seemed more forced.

"Doug, Doug come down." Ben removed his arm and gestured to a boy coming down the stairs. He came down and stood near us. "This is Doug. He's gonna give you your class schedules and show you the rest of the dorms." He stepped closer. "I'll see you later, okay? And if there is anything you need, feel free to-"

"-ask Doug!" Audrey cut in. She and Mal did that annoying laugh-sigh thing, and then Audrey grabbed Ben's arm and led him away.

"Jon, come on," Ben called back to his brother.

Jon focused his frost blue eyes into my red ones, then quickly kissed my cheek and walked away. I stood there, stunned, only shocked awake by Doug's voice.

"Hey guys. I'm Dopey's son. As in Dopey Doc, Bashful, Happy, Grumpy, Sleepy, and..." he caught Evie's eye. "Heigh-ho."

"Evie. Evil Queen's daughter." She stepped close to his face. Doug cleared his throat and refocused on the rest of us.

"Okay. So, about your classes, I put in the requirements already: History of Woodmen and Pirates, Safety Rules for the Internet, and, uh, Remedial Goodness 101."

"Let me guess," I smirked, "new class?"

Doug nodded as Mal ate some candy out of a wrapper, and Evie twirled her hair flirtatiously.

"Alright guys." Mal threw the wrapper behind her. "Let's go find our dorms." Mal led the way up the nearest staircase to us, and Doug's gaze lingered on Evie as she passed by. He quickly snapped out of the daze, however, and corrected us.

"Uh, guys, your dorms are that way." He pointed in the direction opposite of us. I rolled my eyes and led everyone to the next staircase. As we passed, Doug tried to remember all the Dwarf's names.

"Dopey, Doc, Bashful, Happy, Grumpy, Sleepy, and.."

"...Sneezy," Carlos reminded him as he passed by.