Chapter Seven

The museum was large, much bigger than I thought it would be. Then again, I'd never seen a museum before. We walked to the front entrance, and looked through the windows. A guard sat there, watching footage on monitors. The guard turned around a little bit, and we all scattered and hid behind the doors. After a few seconds, we looked back through the window. Maleficent's spinning wheel sat in the center of the room.

"That's your mother's spinning wheel?" Jay snickered, which turned into him and Carlos full blown laughing. I couldn't help but smile a little bit.

"Yeah, it's kinda dorky," Carlos sighed.

"It's evil," Mal fired back. "I doesn't have to look scary." She pulled out and book and flipped through it, until she landed on a certain page. She smiled and looked at the wheel. "Magic spindle, do not linger. Make my victim prick a finger."

The guard turned around and stared blankly at the spinning wheel, causing Jay and Carlos to laugh some more.

"Impressive," Jay teased.

"I got chills." Carlos pointed to his arm.

"Okay, you know what?" Mal looked back into her book, and stumbled across another spell. "Prick the finger, prick it deep. Send my enemy off to sleep."

The guard stood and looked at the spinning wheel, walking closer to it. He walked in front of the needle, and sunk his finger into it, sending him off to sleep. As soon as we were sure he was out, we pulled on the doors, but they didn't budge.

"Locked," I sighed.

"Stand back," Jay said cockily. He stepped back, and started to move forward, obviously trying to kick the doors down. Mal was quicker, though.

"Make it easy, make it quick, open up without a kick."

The doors opened on their own, but Jay still persisted with his flying kick, landing on the ground with a thud. Mal, Evie, and I laughed, and Mal tapped him with her foot as she passed by. Carlos tried to help Jay up, but he refused his help and got up on his own. We walked through the halls, trying to find the room with the wand, but stumbled upon a more disturbing room. Five statues sat within it: Jafar, the Evil Queen, Cruella De Vile, Maleficent,

and my mom, the Queen of Hearts.

We all stared, afraid and dumbfounded, sending shudders down our spines.

"Mommy?" Evie asked, looking at the statue of her mom.

"Killer," Jay muttered, looking at his father's statue.

"I will never forget Mother's Day again," Carlos shuttered. I was about to cry, and I hugged myself. My mother's deep black eyes stared into my soul, screaming 'failure' at me. Tears slipped down my rosy cheeks.

"Well," Jay snapped everyone out of their daze, "the wand's not here. Let's bounce."

Everyone walked away, except for Mal and I, who kept staring at the statues.

"If you fail, my only new head will be yours."

Mal put an arm around my shoulders and started singing to the statue.

"Look at you, look at me. I don't know who to be, mother..." She sang in a sweet voice. At first, I though it was ridiculous, but I found myself singing, too.

"Is it wrong, it it right, be a thief in the night, mother."

"Tell me what to do..." We both sang. I heard footsteps and turned around to see E.

"Mal, Hera. Come on." Evie ran off and I followed, leaving Mal behind.