Chapter Twelve

English class was possibly the most boring thing on this planet. It was worse than Biology, Algebra, History, Spanish, and Remedial Goodness combined. I tapped my pencil against my desk, waiting to get my paper back. Rest assured, it was probably going to have an 'F' on it. The prompt had to be the dumbest thing I had ever read. It was all about good deeds and kindness. I swear they had written it exactly for me. In fact, I'm pretty sure my teacher was glaring at me the whole time she explained it.

Someone cleared their throat, and I looked up to see one of the perky red heads I was sitting with looking at me. As soon as our eyes met, she spoke.

"Would you kindly stop tapping your pencil?"

I stopped, but looked at her cockily.

"Girl, I wouldn't know kindly if it came and slapped me in the face and said, 'hi, I'm Kindly. What's your name?'"

The girl rolled her eyes, something I seldom saw from people here.

"Alright, well just stop it. Our papers will be coming back in a minute."

"Fine," I groaned. "You don't have to be so persistent... uh..."

"Aria. My name is Aria."

"...and your parents would be..?"

"Oh, right! How rude of me. My parents are Princess Ariel and Prince Eric."

I laughed, making her slide her chair back a bit.

"Nice to know I'm speaking to someone who's part fish. Should I go buy some fish food and put you in a tank?"

Her mouth turned to an 'O' and I smirked satisfactorily.

"How dare you day that? My mother made countless sacrifices to be with the one she loves. And what has your mother done? Unfairly judged people and gotten rid of their heads. You probably don't even know what love is!"

I growled lowly in my throat, then stopped, noticing the teacher coming over to our table. She handed Aria her paper, then some other kids sitting at our table, all of whom were casting me distasteful looks. She didn't hand me mine, and I got confused. After she handed the last paper to a girl at our table, she gestured for me to follow her. I did as told, and as I passed by, Aria shot me a hateful look. I disregarded it and followed her. When we got back to her desk, she sat and handed me my paper.

"I want you to look at this, Hera."

I looked down at the paper and was shocked. An 'A+?' I didn't even know she could give those.

"A-an A+? I don't understand?"

"Look at some of the comments."

I looked through my pages of papers. There were a lot of comments but there was one thing I never saw: corrections. There were no corrections whatsoever on my paper.

Not even one.

"Um, I think you made a mistake, ma'am. There aren't any corrections on here."

She took off her glasses and smiled at me.

"No, Hera. There was just nothing to correct."

"I don't understand..."

"Hera, I know talent when I see it. And you have an amazing talent when it comes to writing. I'm going to move you up to an honors class, and if that's too easy, I'm move you to an older grade class."

I didn't argue. I just nodded and sat down. Aria looked at me like I'd gotten in trouble, and she liked it.

"Oh, I'm not in trouble," I smiled. Her grin slowly faded. "I"m just talented at writing. In fact, I'm so talented, the teacher's moving me up to an honors class. Oh, and if that's too easy, I'm joining a higher level. Hope you don't mind."

She was practically snarling at me, and I decided to finish with a 'bang.'

"Oh, and by the way, Aria, you have really pretty hair."

She smiled and flipped it, which is when I delivered the big punch.

"It would look great on my wall." I reached over and ripped off a bit. "Thanks."

She looked at me, appalled and hurt. I just cackled and got up as the bell rang.