Chapter 15- The Ruined

• 点播给 My Mom

I didn't exactly know which way to go when I walked out of Jerry's apartment building. I felt more heartbroken then I thought I would. I felt wrong. I felt defeated. I never felt like this before. There was the clog in my throat and I couldn't swallow when I felt like the tears were going to come. I backed myself against the brick wall as I pulled my cell phone out and dialed the number.

"Hello?" I heard from her, the lady who would know exactly on what to do.

"Hey, Mom?" I asked, holding back tears

"What's the matter, honey? What happened?" She asked, concerned.

"Mom, I need you to come tonight. Please." I begged, as I wiped my nose with the back of my hand. I felt like a little girl begging for her mom to come save her. And here I was, a grown woman begging on the streets of Boston. 

"I'll start packing my things." She said quickly

"Thanks, mom." I said to her as I sniffled again as I hung up the phone. Then I slowly made my way back to Symphony Street to my apartment.

Jerry's Point of View

I looked out the window to see the busy steet of the taxis, busses, cars, and people. I saw the waitors at outdoor restaurants. I saw two people run and hug each other as if they hadn't seen each other in years. I saw one taxi beep at a car because it was riding it's breaks. 

But really, I didn't see any of that. I just saw her. 

My anger was already at it's boiling point, but when I saw her backed up against the wall I knew she had been upset. She looked like she was about to cry when she walked out of my apartment and nothing had changed when she pulled out her cell phone to make a call to someone. 

I then got scared. Not because she was calling someone else, whoever that perseon may be. But I was scared because what if I had lost the one thing that I had wanted so much for so long, forever? 

She was everything I ever wanted and now look what I have done. 

I told her my feelings and insulted her. I breathed as the thought of going after her and telling her I was sorry and maybe grabbing her in my arms and say "I love you more than anything, and I don't want to let that go..." 

But I couldn't. 

But was it really that? No, I just wouldn't. 

Alexa's Point of View

My apartment was silent.

Lily was at work, she worked for the Fashion Magazine and wouldn't be home until four. 

I looked at the clock, it was only 12:30. I called in a sick day. 

In knew Jerry was home because he usually worked from home on Thursdays.

I dropped my cell phone on the couch as I turned the television on and started flipping through channels. 

Nothing.

Well really, there was a lot. But I didn't see the titles, nor the movies. I didn't see the one hundred commercial for ProActiv or that exercise equipment from the guy with the long hair and bright neon pink shorts- that guy just doesn't seem right to me. But still, I didn't see any of it. I saw Jerry yelling at me about the truth. And the truth was, and the truth hurt. A lot. 

I put on the movie, Breakfast at Tiffany's and turned the volume up so I could hear it from the kitchen. I went to go make myself a cappuccino out of my one cup maker and I grabbed a Cliff organic energy bar out of the cabinet before I sat myself back down and watched Audrey Hepburn be the star she was with her beauty and class as I drank a coffee and ate with no beauty in my opinion. 

But that is what my day consisted of. Watching movies. 

But I wasn't exactly paying attention to the movies because everything brought me back to Jerry and Derek. Was it ever going to end?