Changing History

Prince Ben stood up on a platform, gazing out the window at the Isle of the Lost. The tailor was taking measurements for the the young prince's fitting. "Sleeve...Head...uh huh."
     "How is it possible you're gonna be crowned king next month?" His father, King Beast asked, walking into the room with Belle, their arms linked together. "You're just a baby."
     "He's turning sixteen dear," Belle pointed out.
     "Hey pops," Ben greeted, but Beast just continued talking.
     "Sixteen!" he exclaimed. "That's far too young to be crowned king. I didn't make a good decision till I was at least, forty two."
     His mother scoffed. "Uh, you decided to marry me at twenty eight."
     "Well it was either you, or a teapot." His father winked at him and Ben couldn't help but grin.  "Kidding." He said when Belle had given him 'The Look'.
     Noticing the lull in the conversation, Ben determined now was as good a time as any to inform his parents of his first proclamation as the soon to be king. He started to step towards his parents, but the tailor stopped him and Ben returned to his original position. He looked up. "Mom, dad. I've chosen my first official proclamation." His parents exchanged surprised glances, before turning back to their son, excited to hear his first big decision. "I've decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost should be given a chance...to live here in Auradon."
    His father's face fell, and Belle dropped the shirt she had been folding.
     "Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned," explained Ben, getting down from the platform he had been previously standing on so he could confront his parents.
     "The children of our sworn enemies living among us?" Beast asked, hoping that he had misheard Ben.
     "We start out with a few at first. Only the ones who need our help the most," Ben smiled. "I've already chosen."
     "Have you?" His father asked, skeptically.
     Belle grabbed her husbands arm gently, giving him a warning look. "I gave you a second chance." She looked at her son. "Who are their parents?"
     "Cruella De Vil, Jafar, Evil Queen, Mother Gothel." Ben paused, hesitantly. "And Maleficent." He stated, confidently.
     "Gothel?" Belle whispered to herself in horror. Rapunzel was a good friend of her's, so of course she had heard about all the horrible things that Gothel had done.
     His father, on the other hand was furious. "Maleficent!?"
     "Dad, just hear me out here—"
     "I won't, hear of it! They are guilty of unspeakable crimes."
     "Dad," Ben argued. "Their children are innocent. Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life? Dad..."
     Beast looked as though he wanted to argue, but didn't say anything. He just thought. "I suppose," he began. "The children are innocent."
    Ben smiled lightly, before his father turned away and started walking back towards the way in which he had come. His mother came up to him, adjusting his jacket. She smiled. "Good job."
     As his parents left, Ben turned back to the window, fiddling with his ring nervously.

     Mal was finishing spray painting one of her Long Live Evil tags. She turned around, a wicked smirk tugging at her mouth. "They say I'm trouble, they say I'm bad." Mal jumped off of the boxes she had been standing on. "They say I'm evil. And that makes me glad." She purposely bumped shoulders with a passing boy before walking off.
     "A dirty no good, down to the bone," Jay sang, climbing down a ladder. "Your worst nightmare, can't take me home."
     "So I got some mischief, in my blood."  Marissa strutted sassily across the top of a long table that people had been eating on. Despite their yells, Marissa only kept walking till the table reached an end and jumped down, stepping through a nearby railing and sending a flirty smile to a nearby boy. "Can you blame me? I never got no love."
     Carlos stepped out of a window. "They think I'm callous. A low life hood." Carlos stool a workers scarf from around their neck. "I feel so useless." He swiped a girl's apple as she threw it into the air.
     "MISUNDERSTOOD!" The five descendants chanted together.
     Mal, Evie, and Marissa joined together as each came from a separate pathway. The threesome walked down the dirty alley way singing, "Mirror Mirror on the wall. Who's the baddest of them all? Welcome to my wicked world. Wicked world."
     The five villains grabbed onto a fence, and opened it with a powerful force. "I'm rotten to the core, core. Rotten to the core. I'm rotten to the core, core. Who could ask for more? I'm nothing like the kid next, like the kid next door. I'm rotten to the. I'm rotten to the. I'm rotten to the core."
     Along with her companions, Marissa grabbed two stray poles from a scrap pile and started banging it on any metal buckets and pipes that they passed.
     "Call me a schemer. Call me a freak," Mal used one of her spray cans and sprayed a purple "M" across a nearby tarp before ripping it open, to reveal a man sitting in his long pajamas in a bathtub. "How can you say that? I'm just, unique."
     "What, me a traitor? Ain't got your back? Are we not friends?" Jay quickly grabbed a metal tea pot, and jumped the table. "What's up with that?"
     "So I'm a misfit, so I'm a flirt," Evie sang, walking through a maze of scarves. She pulled one off a boy's neck, spinning him around. "I broke you heart, I made it hurt."
     Marissa jumped onto a tall shelf, kicking away any buckets of apples in her way. "The past is past. Forgive forget, the truth is—"
     "You ain't seen nothing yet!" All five shouted.
     "Mirror Mirror, on the wall. Who's the baddest of them all?" Marissa, Mal, and Evie sang, watching from a balcony as Carlos pulled Jay as he swung from a movable metal beam. "Welcome to my wicked world. Wicked world."
    The five descendants scurried into the street, joining with other teens as they danced powerfully to the beat.
     "I'm rotten to the core, core. Rotten to the core. I'm rotten to the core, core, who could ask for more? I'm nothing like the kid next, like the kid next door. I'm Rotten to the. I'm rotten to the. I'm rotten to the core."
     The teens finished dancing just as a woman pulling with a wagon with a little boy sitting inside passed. Mal nabbed the candy that the boy had been holding, in held it up to all the other teens in success. The teens laughed wickedly, but scrambled away quickly as two henchmen walked forward.
    Mal turned around, smiling slightly. "Hi, mom."
     The two henchmen dispersed, and Maleficent appeared behind them. "Stealing candy, Mal? So disappointing."
     "It was from a baby," Mal replied, hopefully.
     "That's my nasty little girl," Maleficent praised. She took the lollipop and spit on it, before sticking it under her arm pit. After a few seconds she took it back out and handed it to one of the henchmen. "Give it back to the dreadful creature."
     "Mom," Mal sighed.
     "It's the deeds, Mal, that make the difference between mean and truly evil. When I was your age I was cursing entire kingdoms."
    Maleficent noticed Mal mouthing 'cursing entire kingdoms' as she spoke. "Walk with me." She and Mal walked a bit further away from the group and Maleficent continued her talk with Mal.    "You see I'm just trying to teach you the thing that really counts. How to be me."
      Mal nodded. "I know that. And I'll do better."
     "Oh! There's news." Maleficent exclaimed, turning so that she was facing all five teens. "I buried the lead! You five—" she pointed at them. "Have been chosen to go to a different school. In Auradon."
     Quickly, Marissa tried to get away from the situation and make a run for it, but found one of Maleficent's Henchmen standing in her away. As much as she tried to punch and kick him, the henchmen didn't seem effected and simply brought her back to the group.
     "What? I'm not going to some boarding school, filled to the brim with prissy pink princess." Mal exclaimed.
     "And perfect princes," Evie said dreamily, stepping forwards. Mal shot her a look. "Ugh."
     "Yeah, I don't do, uniforms," Jay added. "Unless it's leather, you feel me?"
     Marissa put her hands on her hips, "And I have no intentions on seeing the royal family of Corona."
     Carlos stepped behind Mal and looked over her shoulder. "I read somewhere that they allow dogs in Auradon. Mom said their rabid pack animals who eat boy who don't behave."
     Jay sneaked up behind Carlos and mimicked a dog barking, causing Carlos to jump back in fright.
     "Yeah, mom. We're not going," Mal concluded.
     "Aww, you think it's small pumpkin? It's all about world domination." Her mother explained. None of the Descendants responded. "Knuckleheads!" She walked off dramatically, before calling,   "Mal." The five of them followed behind Mal's mother, into the castle.