Parents

"You will go, you will find the Fairy Godmother, and you will bring me back her magic wand," Maleficent instructed, filing her long sharp nails and blowing the dust off them. "Easy Peasy."
     "What's in it for us?" Mal asked, skeptically.
     "Matching thrones, hers and hers crowns," Maleficent said dryly.
     "Um, I think she meant us," Marissa said, gesturing to the all five descendants.
     Maleficent gestured Mal forward. "It's all about you and me baby. Do you enjoy watching innocent people suffer?"
     "Well, yeah, who doesn't?"
     "Well then get me the Magic Wand!" She nearly yelled. "Then you and I can see all that and so much more. And with that wand and my scepter. I will be able to bend both good and evil to my will!"
     Evil Queen lowered and her mirror. "Our will," she corrected. Cruella pointed, Jafar turned to look at Maleficent, and Mother Gothel nodded.
     "Our will. Our will," Maleficent said, practically not caring. Mal looked back at her. "And if you refuse, you're grounded for the rest of your life missy."
     "Wha-, mom." Maleficent lowered herself to Mal's level. Both sets of green glowing eyes met in a fierce stare down. Mal lost in the end, and gave into the plan. "Ugh, fine, whatever."
     "I win." Maleficent gloated.
     "Evie! My little evilette in training," the Evil Queen called. Evie came rushing over, and seated herself in front of her mother. "You just find yourself a prince with a big castle and a mother-in-law wing." The Queen told her daughter. "And lots and lots of mirrors!" Evie and her mother said together.
     Evie laughed dreamily, but the Evil Queen stopped her immediately. "No laughing. Wrinkles."
     "Well, there not taking my Carlos. I'd miss him too much," Cruella De Vil said.
     "Really, mom?" Carlos asked, both surprised and a bit hopeful.
     "Yes!" Cruella said. "Who would touch up my roots, fluff my fur, and scrape the bunions off my feet." She propped her leg up, so that Carlos was holding it.
     "Yeah, well maybe a new school wouldn't be the worst thing," he muttered quietly, releasing his mother's leg down.
     "Carlos, they have dogs in Auradon."
      His faced paled and he shook his head, "Oh, no. I'm not going."
     "Well, Jay isn't going either," Jafar announced. "I need him to stock the shelves in my store." He pushed Jay a bit farther away from the group. "What'd you score?" Jay pulled out a few oddball items before revealing a lamp to his father. Jafar gasped. "A lamp!" He rubbed the object excitedly, hoping for anything.
     "Dad," Jay said. "I already tried." Jafar grunted and threw the lamp back to Jay who easily caught it.
     "Marissa won't be attending a place like Auradon until she finishes her lessons in speaking properly," Mother Gothel explained.
     "I thought my lessons were going well." Though she didn't want to go to Auradon one bit. Getting away from her mothers speaking lessons wouldn't be a bad thing.
     "How do you expect people to hear you in that little voice of yours? And the mumbling. Oh!" Mother Gothel dramatically put her hand across her forehead. "Don't even get me started on the mumbling!"
     "Well, Evie's not going anywhere till we get rid of this uni-brow," the Evil Queen said.
     "What is wrong with you?" Maleficent asked, coming down the staircase. "People used to cower at the mentions of our names! For twenty years I have searched for a way off this island. For twenty years, they have robbed us of our revenge." She turned to the Evil Queen. "Revenge on Snow White and her horrible little men."
     "Ow," the queen said.
     "Revenge on Aladdin and his bloated genie!" Maleficent pointed at Jafar. Jafar shouted, "I will-" he raised a wooden spoon in a threatening manner, but Jay held him back.
     "Revenge on every sneak Dalmatian that escaped your clutches," Maleficent said, pointing at Cruella.
     "Oh, but they didn't get baby, they didn't get the baby!" Cruella squeaked a stuffed dog that was attached to her jacket, and laughed uncontrollably loud. Marissa rolled her eyes at the crazy women.
     "Revenge on that good for nothing, magic haired princess and her boyfriend thief," Maleficent said, pointing at Mother Gothel.
     Mother Gothel frowned, "It always comes back to that somehow, doesn't it?"
     "And I, Maleficent, the evilest of them all," Maleficent snatched the Magic Mirror and looked at her reflection. "I will finally have my revenge on sleeping beauty, and her little prince." She put the mirror down. "Villains! Our day has come."
     "EQ, give her the magic mirror." Maleficent ordered the Evil Queen, who handed it to Evie.
     "This is your magic mirror?"
    "Well, it ain't what it used to be. Then again neither are we," The Evil Queen said, playfully. "It will help you find things."
     "Like a prince?" Evie asked, hopefully.
     "Like my waistline."
     "Like the magic wand! Hello?!" Maleficent said.
     "Hello," the Evil Queen waved slightly.
     "My spell book, I need my book." EQ pointed to the safe behind her. "Oh! The safe! The safe! Queen, help me. I never can figure this thing out."
     The Evil Queen got up and walked to the safe, opening it with ease."Voila."
     "Come darling, come," Maleficent ordered Mal, who got up from her seat and walked to her mother. "It doesn't work here, but it will in Auradon. Remember, when we were spreading evil and ruining lives."
     "Like it was yesterday," Queen answered.
     "Aw," Mother Gothel sighed dreamily. "Good times."
     "And now," Maleficent said to Mal. "You will be making your own memories." She began to hand it to Mal, but pulled back. "By doing exactly as I tell you." She then pushed the book into Mal's chest, who stumbled a bit from the force.
     Suddenly there was a honk outside, meaning that it was time.
     "Let's get this party started," Jay said.
     "Carlos!" Cruella yelled. "Come!"
     "Who is the fairest of them all?" Evil Queen asked Evie.
     "Me!" She answered, smiling.
     "Ah."
     "You!" Evie corrected.
     "Better." The Evil Queen said.
     "Marissa, mummy has a little something for you," Mother Gothel said digging into the pocket in her messenger bag. She pulled out a golden chain necklace with a sun charm. "This, my dear is more important then you could ever imagine. Inside this charm is a tiny drop of sunlight."    Marissa's eyes widened as she gently caressed the charm with her index finger.
      "So this has the same power that Rapunzel's magic hair had?"
     Mother Gothel shrugged. "As far as I know. It won't work here, and believe me, I've tried." She pulled out a compact mirror. "I mean, look at these wrinkles!" Marissa, felt a tad bit hurt, thinking the gift was especially for her, but at the same time she wasn't the least bit surprised. Her mother was one of the most greedy villains. She had kidnapped a child and locked her in a tower for eighteen years just for her own youth!
     "Do you remember the song to activate the song?" her mother asked.
      Marissa nodded. "Of course I do."
      Mother Gothel smiled in approval, "Good. Now Marissa you understand everything that's on the line here, correct?"
      "I understand mother. I'll make you proud."
      "That's what I'm expecting." Her face darkened. "So don't disappoint me."
       Marissa nodded as confidently as she could, before turning to grab her own brown leather messenger bag and walking out the castle.
      In the corner, Jafar said, "Now, recite our mantra."
     "There's no 'team' in 'I'," Jay answered. Jafar smiled and nodded, "Run along, you're making me tear up."
     Mal followed her mother out onto the balcony. They stood there for a moment, staring out onto the island. Her mother said, "The future of the free world rests on your shoulders. Don't blow it."  She smiled before leaving Mal alone on the balcony.
     Marissa walked down the stairs and was met with the sight of a long black limousine. The back door opened and Evie was about to step in, but stopped when she heard Cruella scream, "Come back here, now!"
     Carlos dashed away from his mother and around the Evil Queen before throwing his garbage bag of clothing into the trunk. He slid into the limo, Evie following suit. Marissa rolled her eyes before walking towards the limousine, holding the sun necklace that her mother gave her in hand. She took one last look behind her, seeing her mother standing with the other villains, minus Maleficent. Mother Gothel sent Marissa a look that sent chills down her spine. If she failed, her mother would sure have it in for her. Marissa took a deep breath and joined the others in the car.
      Mal walked out, handing her bag to the limo driver who placed it into the trunk with all the other luggage. Before stepping into the car, she stopped and looked back up to the balcony, where her mother stood. Maleficent's fingers went from her eyes to Mal's. She nodded in response and then joined the others in the car that would be taking them to Auradon.
      As the car started the Descendants could hear their parents calling out to them.
      "Bring home the gold!" Jafar shouted.
      "Bring home some magic hair!" Mother Gothel ordered.
       "Bring home a puppy!" Cruella yelled.
      "Bring home a prince!" The Evil Queen said.
       As the limo started to move, Marissa looked out the window of the window at the place she had considered her home for the past sixteen years.