Chapter 5

“This makes sense.”  I stated as the moon came out and the map started to show itself.  A map of the woods, mountains, rivers, and much more came into view.  Somewhere out in the middle of nowhere was a drop of blood.  Vampire blood.  Above it was a star as if saying ‘follow the star, we are here.’

    I could smell the blood good even though it was old.  The kid who had let it drop wasn’t very strong.  Not enough oxygen flowing through his system at the time.

    I leaned back as we still sat in the soil looking at the details on the map.  The kid had obviously drawn it as he went on his voyage and he had explored a lot.  I had it already memorized in my head. 

    “Alex can I speak to you alone?”  I questioned looking at the two boys.  They nodded knowing I wanted privacy with her and headed inside.  As the door shut behind them I saw a tear fall from Alex’s face onto the map.  She wiped her eyes trying to stop herself from crying.

    “I’m sorry it’s just I take this map out every night and it brings back so many memories.  I don’t even know if he’s alive.”  Her tears just started streaming out as she cupped her hands in her face. I sat in silence knowing she was more of an ‘I can comfort myself.’  Kind of person.  When her crying finally resided I helped her bury the map back into the ground. 

    “I’m really happy though that I can find out myself.”  She said nodding to herself as she pushed the soil hard into the ground. 

    “So what can you tell me about your friend?”  I questioned.

    “His name was Lucifer.  He comes from the town on the map.  That’s where your kind originally originated from.  Which is why I’m wondering how you don’t know about it..?”  She said looking at me confused.  I stared at her blankly.  How was I supposed to know that.  My grandmother had been the oldest of my family that had been here.  Which means my grandma had been hiding something.  Something big, she was hiding a town full of vampires.

    “He came here because he had to run away.  Their was a huge dispute going on in his town between their neighboring town, werewolves.”  She turned around and looked back at the house where Jericho was looking out the window.  I waved to him and he smiled before disappearing.

    “The vampires were expanding, advancing, they needed more room and because you guys rarely die their numbers were just increasing numerously.  They started taking up more and more until they reached the outskirts of the werewolf town.  A war was beginning between them.  He decided to head back later on because of the fact that he couldn’t be sneaking around on the outskirts of our town for long.  I don’t know anything else.” 

        “They won.  My kind won.”  I stated looking into Alex’s eyes.  “Jericho’s town is a little off of yours.  They moved meaning they lost.”  Alex nodded a small smile creeping on her face.

    “Excuse me, but it’s time for Alex to go to bed.”  It was only a whisper but I could hear Alexis say it from behind us perfectly.  Luckily, she hadn’t picked up any of the conversation because I had heard how slowly she had approached us.  I could feel how worried she was, it was just radiating off of her, and our conversation was the least of our worries.

    “Okay, do you mind if I stay out here a little longer?”  I questioned leaning back on my hands getting myself comfy.

    “I don’t mind at all, do you want to send the guys out?”  She questioned playing with her hands.

    “Dark please.”  Alexis quickly hurried off. 

    “Have fun tonight.”  Alex said before heading off into the cottage.

    “You wanted me?”  Dark asked clearly impatient.  I wondered what was getting on his nerves so much.

    “What is your issue?  Something is up.”  Dark sat down beside me and lay down on his back looking up at the stars.  I searched his dark eyes trying to find something but they were completely sealed.

    “Seriously Dark, I’ve known you forever.  You’ve always been stubborn but not this bad.  You’re being a complete ass to Jericho.”  I touched Dark’s hand wrapping my fingers in his palm.  I could see Dark’s eyes flicker over to me before they flickered back.

    “You promise you won’t laugh at me?”  Dark asked turning his head away from me. 

    “I won’t if you actually look at me and say it to my face.”  Dark continued to look away.  I climbed on top of him sitting down on his chest.  I grabbed his head and turned it to face me searching his face for anything.  He was worried, confused, scared. 

    “Now tell me and I won’t laugh at you.”

    “I..I think I’m gay.”

______________________________________________________________________________

Oh jeez!  Never expected that one coming.  Hmm.. who does Dark have the hots for?  That's not a hard one especially since he realizes it now.  I wonder what Jericho would think of this if he found it out if he ever finds it out.  No wonder why Dark was acting so cross towards Jericho.

Wait for the next chapter to come!!  Make sure to vote comment fan every chapter!  It's just a click away.  Now I sound like I'm advertising something.  Sheesh.  Well click that button!  It'd make me uber happy.  Next chapter should be out by tomorrow night.  Sorry it might take long because I have field hockey and possibly hanging out with somebody.>.<  Remember to read my other story if you haven't already.  Planet of Angels!  There's 884 reads on it so far and I'm super excited about that.  I also put it in the Watty Awards 2011 (yeah, that's not going to happen) but make sure to read it.  It's completed.  Thanks for reading!!  Love ya's!