Chapter 3

Through out the whole day, college seem to be fine. Except, William! Ah! He is so arrogant and annoying! Whenever I thought about him, I could feel my pulses racing. I swear, I could end up killing him if I have to endure him one more time and worst of all, he will be with me in 5 classes! Just why! Why! Why! Why! I was lost in my own thoughts when I felt someone slapping me.

"Karyn! Are you there?" Elina slapped my soft cheeks.

"Y-yes. I was thinking about something." I said as I rubbed my hand on my cheeks. "God, I am exhausted." I thought.

We both were walking out of the college when William came in front of us.

"Hey, how was your first day of college?" William asked. I tried to avoid any eye contacts with him.

"It was great! Right Karyn?" Elina said. I slightly nodded my head.

"It was great for me as well. Hey, want me to drop you guys home?" William asked.

"No thanks. I have a car." I said.

"Well, I have an idea. How about you and Alex join us to a dinner at Karyn's place? Her aunt makes great pasta!" Elina said.

"What?!" I shouted on top of my voice. "I am not inviting that guy into my house!" I shouted. Everyone in the college peered at me. Elina sighed. William crossed his arms and looked at me.

"Karyn, he is coming and so is Alex. They helped us find the classes you know. We owe them and you know my house...." Elina looked down.

Oh crap! Elina's parents were always fighting. I remember when I visited her house, those two began to fight right in front of me. What's worse is that Elina's little sister, who was just 5 years old was witnessing it. Poor girl who had to watch her parents try to murder each other. Mr. Micheal and Mrs. Lucy were like as if they were sworn enemies who wanted to kill each other. Due to the everyday drama in her house, she never really invites anyone to her house. I guess I didn't have a choice but to invite the two for Elina's sake. I sighed deeply.

"Today, sharp 7 pm, come to my place with Alex. I will text you the address." I said and bit my lip, trying not to burst in anger.

"Note down my number then." William said. I grabbed my phone out of my right pocket and open 'Add contact' and waited for him to read his phone number. I saved his number and put my phone back to my right pocket once he read it out.

"Thank you Karyn!" Elina hugged me. I smiled and hugged her back. If there is anyone I am cosy with, then it's Elina after my uncle Fedrick. God, how much I had missed her when I totally disappeared on her. I wish I never did that to her.

"I will see you guys today then." William said. Elina nodded and smiled at him while I continued to avoid any eye contacts with him.

Back in computer class, I had promised to take Elina to my house after college. So, I drove us to my house. Before I opened the house door, I looked at Elina.

"Remember, crazy aunt is home." I warned her. Elina frowned at the mention of her. Well, who wouldn't? I am not calling her crazy without a reason. I opened the door for us both. We walked inside the house and I locked the door. I took my sneakers and walk upstairs with Elina. Elina jumped to my bed and I layed down next to her. She tilted her head towards my direction.

"Man, your house, room and everything still looks the same. I missed you so much, you know." Elina said and squeezed my cheek. I giggled and slap her cheek.

"I missed you too my idiotic, foolish and dumb friend." I said. I sat up on the bed and so did Elina. We both giggled and hugged each other. Oh! I missed this. I am so glad we are back together. Elina wasn't just a ordinary friend for me. She was my best friend and I love her a lot. Ever since my mother had passed away, Elina was always there for me when I sought for someone's support the most. As the old memories came back to me, I layed back on the bed.