Chapter 6

~ Time Skip ~

It's been a month since William and I had become friends. In fact, we became great friends. William, Alex, Elina and I have group study every night at my house.

After finishing college, William and I always head off together to his house. I help William clean up the house, do the laundry, do the kitchen works, help him with his mother and play with Alazne. I wasn't the type to do house works at all but I still do them every day for him. I may be sarcastic at times, but I have always been a woman of my word.

Today William had invited me to a park. He said he wanted to study with me there. If I think of it the other way, studying in a park is not so bad either. But I had still prefer my room. However, I just went along with it. William seemed to be really stressed out lately and I thought this may be a great opportunity for me to lighten up his mood. I mean come on, what are friends for?

I was sitting on a bench waiting for William to arrive to the park but he was late. I waited for him for several hours but he did not show up. I wonder what happened. I got up from the bench I was sitting on when I saw William running towards my direction.

"I am so sorry Karyn!" He said while running towards me. I giggle as I shook my head.

"I didn't mind. I know something much have caused you to get late." I said, trying to be as understanding as I could. I am not the type to get hyper and yell off at someone just because they are late. They may have a reasonable excuse after all.

"Thank you for understanding. I had to help mom take a shower." William said. "Shall we sit down now?" He asked. I nod my head as I sat down on the bench along with him.

William and I took out the text books and made small notes before starting to learn. We then asked each other questions to check how much we learned.

There weren't many people inside the park since it was night so we were really having a peaceful time studying when a bunch of hooligans invaded the park.

"Who the hell are they?" I asked. William shrugged. We tried to be as calm as we could but the tension rising up in the atmosphere was making us less calm. Especially when we realized they were approaching towards us. William and I got up from the bench we were sitting on.

"Who are you?" William asked, putting a protective hand up to my chest. Gosh, I don't like been protected. I whined and pushed his hands away and stood next to him. Weird, but in these cases a girl would most likely panic and run or start crying or perhaps hide behind someone. But I wasn't those kind of girls.

Soon, the gang surrounded around us. The tension in the atmosphere, tensed up even more.

"Where is it?" One member of the gang asked.

"What is this 'it' you are referring to?" We asked in a unison.

"You know exactly what we are asking for." The muscular guy with a beard and a gun in his hand said.

"No we don't." William said.

"Hand over the item that has been given to you by your parents." The gang said.

"Our...wait what?! What item? What do you do know about our parents?" William asked. One of the guy from the gang touched my hand and I hit his not so pleasant area.

"Don't you dare touch her!" William yelled and attack the guy who seems to be the leader of the gang. Rest of the gang started beating William up.

"Stop it!" I screamed and ran off to help William. William was covered in bruises and I hugged him. I felt them punching my head, kicking my back but I tried to keep calm. I look at William who was unconscious. Soon, everything around me went pitch black.

I felt someone shaking me. I groaned a bit and opened my eyes.

"Karyn! Are you okay?!" I heard William call me out. I opened my eyes.

"Yea...I just have a couple of bruises. I will be fine. But where are we?" I asked and looked at my feet and legs that were tied up. William had a couple of bruises as well. His hands and legs were tied up. He shrugged a bit.

"I don't know what's going on. But I do know that we have to get out of here." He said, panting. I nod my head and tried to sit up.

"But first we need to get these off." I gestured to my tied up hands. William nod his head.

"Turn around." He said.

"What?" I raised a brow.

"Just turn around." William groaned. I turned around. William bent down a bit and started biting the rope that was used to tie me up. He tried using his teeth to get it off. While he was trying to untie me, a guy walk inside the room. We pretended like we were asleep before he walk inside the room.

"I can't believe these weaklings are been entrusted to protect the treasure." I heard the man say. He pulled me up by the hair and slapped me a couple times. I opened my eyes and look at him.

"I don't have much time so tell me where you hide it." The man said.

"I don't know what you are talking about!" I said. He hit me to the floor and held a knife up to my neck.

"I will kill you if you don't tell me where the hell is the treasure!" He yelled and pulled my hair. I bit my lip, trying not to scream. It hurt but I tried to endure the pain.

"Don't touch her!" William yelled with gritted teeth.

"Ah! The other one woke up." The man said.

"Leave her alone!" He tried to untie himself. The guy left me and punched William on the face.

"Keep quiet! I need that woman to tell me where the hell is the treasure!" He shouted and bent down a bit. "You are exactly like him." The man said.

"Who..?" William looked at the man. I look at them in confusion. Just what the hell is going on? I didn't expect a study day at park to turn out like this! I tried to keep my head cool. In a situation like this, it was important to be calm in order to think properly.

"Like Jonathan Smith." The man said. William widened his eyes.

"What do you know about my father?!" He yelled.

"Karyn Brooklyn, the daughter of Sarah Brooklyn. William Smith, the son of Jonathan Smith, am I right?" The man smirked. Just what the hell is going on? How the hell does he know about my mother?

"What do you know about my mother?" I glared at him.

"Oh, seems like your parents did not tell you who they really are." The man said.

"What do you mean?" William asked. Before the man could reply us back, one of his partner walk inside the room.

"Boss we need to talk." He said. The gang leader nod his head and look at us and smirked. He put a tape on both our mouth and walk out of the room. Great! Just when he was about to tell what the hell was going on. I looked at William and gestured him to my hands again. He nod his head and bent his head down my hands. I took the tape in his mouth off and he continued trying to untie me.

"We don't have much time. Before they come back again, we need to escape."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Hope you liked - Chapter 6 - Where Am I?

• Coming up - Chapter 7.

Yo guys, hope you enjoyed chapter 6. Things are starting to heat up here XD well like always, if there is any places for improvement (which there will be) please let me know. Well then, peace out.

~ Kazryn ~

Extra note - I will edit any mistakes in the writing later.