Chapter 7

After hours of trying to untie our ropes, we succeeded. William and I got up from the floor and tried to open the door which seem to be locked. When I was smaller, my aunt often use to lock me up in my room when I prank the neighbours and I would always open the door and escape by using hair clips. Naughty? Yes, I know. I was a spoiled brat. Luckily, I had a few clips with me and I used it to open the door.

"Nice~" William smirked. I giggled and look around, making sure if it was safe enough for us to walk out. After I examined the area, I gestured William to come out as it was safe. William held onto my hand.

"Stay near me okay?" He said. I could see the concern in his face. It was cute seen him so concerned about his friends. I nod my head and held onto his hand. It seem like we were in a abandoned factory. William and I made an escape to the exist door when we were caught by the gang.

"Where do you think you are escaping?" One guys asked and grabbed onto my hand tightly. I twist his hand and punched him. I was so glad my uncle had send me to martial arts when I was small even though I had whine about not wanting to go. Today, it was helping me. William back me up as well and we both beat them up. Due to my injury in my leg, I wasn't able to walk properly so William supported me.

We ran out of the factory but they were following us. We had no choice but to run into the woods. It was dark inside the forest so we could barely see anything but we couldn't care less. The only thing in our mind was to run. The gang who were following us, starting firing at us.

"Shit! They have guns. We need to find a place to hide."William said as he ran. I nod my head and tried to catch up with him but my injured leg was giving up on me. I tripped over a rock and fell. William turned around and ran back to me.

"Come on! We need to keep on moving!" He said and helped me up. I nod my head and forced myself to get up with his help when they fired at us.

"Stay right there or we will shoot you!" The gang shouted. We turned around to look at them and put our hands to the back of our head.

"Okay just calm down. We won't try to do anything." William said. The gang leader approached towards us with a gun. William and I gestured at each other.

"Don't try to act smart unless you want to get killed." The man said and pointed the gun at us.

"We won't." William said and snatched the gun and punched him to the ground and grabbed onto my hand tightly as he made an attempt to escape. The gang starting to fire at us but we did not stop running. We kept running not caring about anything but they did not stop following us. As we ran, we found an abandoned cottage deep inside the forest.

"Let's go inside there!" William said and dragged me with him. I just nod my head as I followed him. We got inside the cottage and he locked the door. The cottage seem like it was abandoned for years but it seems like some people had lived here ages ago. I looked around the place but I was feeling light headed. I couldn't walk well on my own and my vision had gotten blurry. I fell into William's arms.

"Karyn! Are you okay?" He looked down at me. I slightly nodded my head. William looked at his shirt that got soaked in my blood. He pulled me away a bit and looked me. "Karyn! You are shot! Why didn't you tell me?!" He raised his voice up a bit.

"I didn't...want you to worry..." I said and looked at him.

"We need to get you treated right away. We need to...we need to goto a hospital!" William said. I shook my head.

"We can't. At least not now. Not till they leave this area." I said and coughed violently.

"But you have lost a lot of blood." He said. I hate to admit but he was right. By now, I was barely able to stand on my feet. I could barely see anything. But we don't have an option. I have to survive till morning.

"But...we can't do anything." I said. William sat on the floor with me and rested my head on his lap and kept pressure on my abdomen, where I was shot.

"I won't let anything happen to you. We have to get the bullet out of your abdomen but it's too risky." He said.

"But...you.." I couldn't complete my sentence as William placed his finger on my lips.

"Do you trust me?" He asked. I nod my head. He took his jacket off and placed it on me. "Just bear with me please." He kissed my forehead.

"I will. I am not.... so weak." I smiled, assuring him that I will be fine. Even if I was assuring him, I don't think I had survive. I have lost too much blood. God, why is this happening to us? This was supposed to be a study day at the park not a God darm running for you're life competition. But whatever it is, I need answers for this. Who is my mother? Who is William's father? How do they know about our parents? I want to know everything and mostly, what treasure were they talking about.

"We need to stop the bleeding." He said and took his shirt out. I laughed a bit. William raised an eye brow at me. "You are shot Karyn and you are laughing?!" William groaned.

"I am sorry but you are acting really silly right now." I laughed a bit too hard causing pain in my abdomen.

"Fine laugh as much as you want but I won't let you die." He ripped his shirt and lifted me up a bit and closed my wound with the piece of cloth and kept pressure on my wound.

"How long till morning...?" I asked.

"Just 4 hours. You need to bare with me for 4 hours Karyn." William patted my head. I slap his hands away.

"No one pats my head." I groaned and closed my eyes. God, I need some sleep.

After a while, I could hear some people shouting. I opened my eyes and tried to get up while holding onto my wound.

"What's ---" I was cut off by William as he covered my mouth.

"Shh...they are here." He whispered. I nod my head and stayed close to him.

"I know you are in there William and Karyn! Get out of there before we start shooting and I assure you that it won't be pleasant!" I heard a high pitched voice yell from outside.

"We need to get out of here. There is a door at the back of the cottage. We can only escape from there. Do you think you could run?" William whispered. I nod my head. There was no way I was going to be a weakling who slows us down and get us in trouble. William loaded the gun and helped me up.

"Where did you get that gun?" I asked while holding onto him.

"Stole one from them before we came to this cottage." William smiled at me. I look at his forehead which was bleeding and rip a part of my shirt.

"What are you doing?" William asked.

"Repaying for dressing up my wound." I said and dressed up his wound on his forehead.

"Thank you." He said and held onto me and walk to the back door. I limped as I walk with him.

We ran as fast as we could out of the back door but somehow, a few members of the gang saw us. William started shooting at them as we ran. For a person who was holding a gun for the first time, his aims were pretty good. We finally had lost them after one hell of a long run.

The sun had rise and we were able to get out of the forest. William look at me.

"I think we lost them." He smiled. I nod my head as I stumbled. William caught me as I lost my conscious.

"Karyn!" He yelled and slapped my cheeks. He looked at my shirt which was soaked in blood. "Karyn! Stay with me please!" He yelled and picked me up. He ran in search of help but he did not stop talking to me. I couldn't respond to him but his voice was what kept me awake. Before I realized, everything around me went blank.

"Karyn! You promised me you had be okay till morning! Please open your eyes!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Hope you liked - Chapter 7 - Stay With Me.

• Coming up - Chapter 8.

Yo guys, hope ya enjoyed this chapter. So do you think Karyn would survive? Stay tuned to find out! Once again, if there is any rooms for improvement (which I know there will be lots.) Please let me know. Also let me know you're reviews about the story so far. Well then, peace out.

~ Kazryn ~