Chapter 5

~ Time Skip ~

It's been 3 weeks I haven't met William. I asked Alex about William. According to him, the last time he talked to William was that day before leaving William and me in the library which was 3 weeks ago. He also said that he tried to call William but he did not pick Alex's calls. Elina tried to get in touch with him as well. By now, I was starting to worry about him. These past 3 weeks has been awful for me. This is strange but when William was around me, I felt annoyed and irritated. But now that he is gone, I feel empty.

Today I have decided to meet William no matter what. I already took so much time and I couldn't wait any longer. The guiltiness inside me for been so rude to him was killing me deep down. I need to make amends for what I did. Thus, I must meet him and apologize. And maybe...just maybe..we could be friends.

I took William's address through Alex. I could feel my hands shaking. God! I want to go back home but I shook my head at the thought of leaving.

"No Karyn! You must make amends for what you have done!" I convinced myself. I took a deep breathe before knocking the door. A little girl opened the door. I widened my eyes. Why would a little girl answer the door?

"Who is it?" The little girl asked, playing with her fingers. Oh God! How cute she was.

"My name is Karyn Brooklyn. Does William Smith live here?" I asked the little girl as politely ask I could. Without any further talk she ran away.

"Wait!" I ran inside the house. The house was a mess. Clothes, foods, games and books were on the floor. I look around when I heard William's voice. It seem like he was talking to someone. But who? I could only hear his voice. I walk inside a room where I saw a woman laying down on the bed. William was none stop talking to her while giving her a sponge bath. Could that be his mother?

"Wi...William...?" I murmured. William turned around to look at me. He soon widened his eyes.

"What are you doing here?" William asked. I tried to get a better glimpse of the woman. William looked at me and then at the woman.

"This is my mother Hannah, Hannah Smith." William said. "She has been paralyzed from her lower body for 7 years." William said. The woman smiled at me and waved at me. I waved back at her with a smile. What have I done? I felt more guiltiness coming to me, making my shoulders feel even more heavier. God, I hope he forgives me. I want to fix everything between us.

"H-hi...Miss Hannah." I said and looked down. William smiled slightly and grabbed onto my hand as he started to drag me with him.

"Wi-william! Wait! I need to say something." I said and pulled away from his grip.

"What is it?" William asked.

"About your father..." I looked down, playing with my fingers, nervous as a little kid. William glanced at me. I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe.

"I-i-i am sorry! So so so so so sorry! I should have never said that! It's just that you touched me and....and I hate been touch. Also, thank you for saving me from getting hurt. I appreciate you're kindness." I said, in one breathe. I took a deep breathe again. My eyes still closed. I could feel my body quivering due to nervousness. But deep inside I felt relieved for saying it when I felt the same strong muscular hands wrapped around my stomach. I opened my eyes and saw William on his knees, hugging me.

"What..what are you doing?" I looked down at him.

"Let me cherish this moment." William said and looked up at me with teary eyes. No...I don't want to see those eyes. Why does it hurt so much to see him hurt?

"Why...why...are you crying? Did I say something that upset you?" I hesitated a bit.

"I am sorry for been a jerk and not showing up at college. It's just that I thought you hated me after what happened between us. I felt guilty for what I did to you and it was eating me from inside. When you mentioned about my father, I couldn't control my emotions. I am just scared to deal with all this alone. Seen my mother so helpless, my little sister growing up without a father, me having to do all the house works and everything. It's not easy. When I met you, I was happy. You were different from others. Which is why I perhaps got clingy to you." He said as tears stream down his face.