1.

It was winter time when Trish lost the love of her life.  Riley and Trish had been married over 19 years. Riley had passed away from prostate cancer about 3 months ago.  Trish still finding it hard to function had shut herself off from everyone and everything in her life.  Having no family to speak of Trish always felt alone.   Until Riley there had never been a reason for her to enjoy life. 

She met him when she was in her early twenties.  Having grown up without a father she was always attracted to older men.  Trish and Riley worked together,  oddly enough she was his boss.  The job was part time for Riley as his career as a school teacher is what he did for a living. 

He was always so structured.   Ate dinner at the same time,  went to bed and got up at the same time.  It's what drove her crazy about him,  and now she realized it's what made her love him.  After the funeral Trish took shelter in all of Riley's things.  Going through his belongings, wrapping herself in his shirts that still had his scent and knowing that someday that smell would be gone as he was now gone forever.  Days turned into nights, nights turned into weeks.  Weeks had turned into months, Trish had not really put losing Riley behind her.  He had made her promise that she would mourn him then let him go and live her life.  Easier said than done, and although she wanted to honor her promise to him everything around her reminded her that he was gone and her life would never be the same.

It was at that moment when she was watching one of her favorite foreign shows.  A Danish crime series called "Unit One".  Trish realized what she had to do, move.  She had always wanted to visit Denmark and even asked Riley if he would want to plan a trip.  Of course he didn't want to travel overseas.  Riley's idea of a vacation was going camping in Wyoming.  Moving to Denmark sounded like a pipe dream, but now it sounded like her only form of salvation. 

Trish had discovered Denmark and Danish films after oddly enough Riley had become infatuated with the TV series Hannibal.  They had never liked the same things, he liked blood and guts movies and she of course was more the drama, romantic comedy type.  Of course being Riley he didn't watch the show from the beginning, no he started to watch it in the third season and about four episodes in.  Trish knew how much he liked the show so she found the first two seasons on the internet and streamed them for him.  He was like a kid in a candy store, spending a couple of hours a day watching episodes to catch up.  She asked if it was a good show and what it was about, of course she knew who Hannibal Lecter was but wasn't sure why anyone would make a TV series about him.  He told her it was really good and worth watching.  Trish told him she would check a couple episodes out when he was caught up.

Riley was right, the show was incredible, Trish loved the plot.  Strangely enough she found herself attracted to the actor who played Hannibal.  He was handsome but not pretty boy handsome.  She loved his seductive voice and the way he moved.  She had never seen him before, she googled his name "Mads Mikkelsen".  It was then she realized he was the bad guy in Casino Royal, Daniel Craig's first James Bond movie.  She wondered what else he was in, after researching some of his films she had decided to watch a few of them.  The first "A Royal Affair", she didn't particularly like him with long hair but he grew on her throughout the film.  Then the rest of his films followed suit, "Pusher", "Pusher 2", "After the Wedding" etc...  Pretty soon it was Trish who was infatuated, not only with Hannibal the show but its super HOT star.

This was when the first idea of visiting Denmark occurred, watching the crime show "Unit One" with this beautiful man and seeing how gorgeous the landscape was it hit her.  She had to visit this country.