2.

Trish had been in Denmark for about a month and had made a few friends.  She had come into a little money after her husband passed and it let her live comfortable.  She was also a little restless, leaving everything behind and moving to a different country was not as easy as she thought.  Learning a new language and starting over was tiring.  She had decided to invest in this coffee shop that had a great location and seemed to have a steady cliental.  The owner was looking for a partner and Trish who had always loved her coffee and other caffeinated beverages thought it was a perfect match.  They quickly became friends and Trish had shared her heartbreak with her new friend Sophie.

- Forward 8 months (Anniversary of Riley's passing)

Trish knew today would be sad, it was one year to the day that her beloved Riley had passed away and left her alone to face the world.  She wanted to be alone even though her circle of friends that she made from the coffee shop didn't want her to dwell on the past.  Wow, has it really been a year, she didn't think she was going to survive the following month let alone a whole year without him.  She had not been interested in anyone since Riley died and she really wasn't looking either.

She decided to have dinner alone at her favorite place to eat in Copenhagen and just reflect in peace about the past year.  When she arrived at the restaurant business was pretty slow and most of the people there had enough space between tables for privacy.  She ordered her favorite dish and a glass of wine and sat in silence.  She remembered every detail of Riley's last few days and the pain and agony had returned.  A single tear fell from her right eye, than another and another.  She tried to quickly wipe them away without drawing attention to herself.  She thought no one noticed, but when she looked up she heard a deep voice "miss, are you alright?".  "Yes, I am okay thank you for asking" she told the gentleman who she now glanced up at.  To her surprise she recognized this handsome man right away.  It was none other than Mads Mikkelsen, the Danish actor she had been watching for a couple years now.  Mads saw the familiar look that he often gets when he approaches people in public.  He was alone and asked again, "are you sure your okay?  You look a little sad."  Not wanting to draw him into her personal tragedies she simply said, "just thinking of a sad memory and it got the best of me.  Really I'm okay"

"I'm so sorry, where are my manners let me introduce my self I'm Mads".  "I'm Trish, it is very nice to meet you Mads, but I knew who you were right away.  I am a big fan."  "Oh really, well thank you very much are you American?"  "Yes, I am"  "So are you on Holiday?  " I moved here about a year ago and I am part owner of the Daily Grind coffee shop in town."  "I have never been to your shop."  "Well, do you like coffee?" "More than I should"  "I know what you mean, I tried to quit one time but I was a horrible grouch.  My husb- my friends commented to me and they bought me a big coffee and said drink up".  He began to laugh and she couldn't help but notice how beautiful he was.  She had looked at thousands of pictures of this man and let me tell you, they don't do him justice.  His perfect face and that sexy voice was almost more than she could take.  She started to feel flushed and a little nervous as their conversation went on.  She knew at some point she was just starring at his gorgeous body not saying anything but just looking like a fool.

He asked if she was waiting for someone and she told him no she was dining alone tonight.  He then said "Well if you wouldn't mind, I am alone also and would love to join you if that's okay?"  Not wanting to be rude, after all Mads Mikkelsen is asking to join you for dinner.  You would be an utter idiot to say no.  She told him that she wouldn't be good company but if he wanted to stay that would be alright.  "Why wouldn't you be good company, if you don't mind me asking".  "It's a long story Mads, I don't want to bore you with the details of my life".  "If your not up to company, that's okay". "No!"  she almost shouted and startled him and others in the place.  "I mean, I would love for you to join me"

It seemed like they were at that café for hours just talking about random issues and really nothing very serious.  He was a very good listener, he seemed to be genuinely interested in the conversation.  He was drinking beer and she was enjoying her third glass of wine.  When he asked "So, are you ready to tell me why you are so sad?  He had a slight grin that showed his teeth, and in that moment she thought okay here is where you loose him.  Mad's then leaned his hand across the table and gently touched her arm.  "Is it about a man?"  "Why would you assume it's about a man?"  He winked and shrugged his shoulders then laughed.  "It usually is."