14.

Mads POV

A week later Mads returned home. He was tired and ready for a break. He thought he might take a little vacation but didn't know where he wanted to go. Traveling was fun but when you were on the go like he was all the time it was nice sometimes just to stay home. He arrived home and called his assistant. He let her know he would be by to pickup any mail or messages she had for him and that he didn't want to be bothered with business calls from anyone for at least a week.

He called his daughter and son so they could have dinner and catch up on what was happening in thier lives. Since his wife passed he tried to have dinner with them at least every two weeks. He was gone sometimes for months but always thought about them. He also found himself wanting to invite Trish, but he thought it was best to wait till he knew what thier situation was. He was going to find out how she felt about him and tell her how he feels about her. He loved being friends with her but he wanted more, he suspected that she told him she had a date a few weeks ago because she was mad at him. The fact that she thought he was romantically involved with his co-star and that it bothered her was a good sign to him.

Dinner with the kids went well, they were closer than they had ever been. He talked to them about his trip and some of the pitfalls that he endured with a first time director. They laughed at his stories and shared a good meal at home with their dad. To them he wasn't famous, he was just dad. They had gotten use to people stopping him for pictures and autographs but knew he was always down to earth and didn't take his fame too serious.

Mads had started to clean up and went to the kitchen, his son was picking out a movie for them to watch and his daughter followed him into the kitchen. "So dad, how's your love life?" Mads began to cough and was not suprised by his daughters bluntness. "Uh, pretty non-exsistant right now." "How about you sweetie? You still dating that boy from school?" Viola had become serious about a guy she meet in college. Mads liked him but didn't want to let on just yet that he was happy about her choice. His son of course was still playing the field and not serious about anyone. He had just graduated from high school it was way to early to be tied down.

"Yes, Daniel is doing great and we are still both very much in love." "I worry about you dad. You need to have some companionship." "You haven't really dated anyone seriously since mom died." "She would want you to be happy."
"I know V, I just haven't found anyone I have a conection with. I don't want to date and have empty sex just because I can." "whoa dad, too much information. I didn't say you should sleep around. I just thought you should look for someone who makes you smile." "Okay sweetie, I know what you mean. Lets see if Carl has found something for us to watch."

So they sat down and watched a horror movie and of course the kids fell asleep.  Mads turned off the movie and put blankets over his kids asleep on the couches.  He went upstairs and took a hot shower to relax.  He thought about calling Trish but it was pretty late.  He would go see her tomorrow.  While he was drifting off to sleep he thought about what his daughter said.  She was right, Hanne would have wanted him to be happy.  Starting tomorrow he was going to tell Trish how he felt about her, he knew she was still stuck on the memory of her husband.  He would have to convince her he wasn't just trying to pass time with her.  She was so hesitant about getting serious with him.  He kinda understood but he was Mads Mikkelson for goodness sake, no one ever turned his advances down.

The next morning he got dressed decided he was going to head to the coffee shop.  He would meet her at the door with a smile and a big hug.  Today was the day he would start to get closer to her.  Trish was suprised when she saw him sitting on the front steps of the shop.  She had beat Sophia there as usual. 

"Hey Mads, what a nice suprise to see you this morning.  To what do I owe this pleasure?"  Trishs smile encouraged him that she was genuinely happy to see him.  "Hey beautiful, I wanted to come by its been too long."  " You look great as usual."

Mads was a little nervous and it showed.  Trish hadn't seen him this way, and she wondered what was up.  "Hey Mads are you okay, you seem a little nervous?"  "I'm fine, just a little jet lagged still and tired.  Looking forward to some much needed rest."  He smiled, "so are you going to invite me in or should we stand here for a little longer."  Trish chuckled and opened up the door.  Mads held the door open for her and carried her bag in for her.  Trish left him in the lounge area and put her stuff in the office.  When she heard a scream and ran into the shop area.  Mads was trying to explain to Sophia that he didn't break into the store.  When she saw Trish she came to her senses. 

"It's okay Mads, I don't think she thought you broke in.  I think she is just screaming because she wasn't expecting to see you."  With Sophia on a the verge of a panic attack Mads smiled and greeted her.  "Sophia, you look wonderful this morning how have you been?"  Sophia stammered but finally was able to speak.

"I am good, you look gorgeous as usual, doesn't he look handsome today Trish?"  Trish nodded and smiled at both of them.  "So we should start to open are you here for coffee sir?"

"Nope, just wanted to see your pretty face.  Can we have dinner tonight?"  Trish was hesitant to answer but ultimately agreed.  "So I will pick you up around 7pm tonight."  Trish asked if she could meet him instead.  He told her he wanted to cook dinner for her at his house so he gave her directions and said he would see her tonight.