Chapter 8: Beginings of a traitor.

Sams P.O.V.

We were back on the road and I was doing my best to avoid Alex.

In other words I walked with Jack.

Seyth had come back minutes after the um.......moment....with Alex and we were on our way.

We were taking a path that Jaiden had suggested. It was a small path through the forest that nobody else knew of.

We decided to take it because we didn't need to have another incident like last night.

I shivered at the thought. There was somethings I can just never forget.

"You ok?"

I looked up at Jack and gave him a smile.

"Ya. Sorry I was just thinking to my self."

" You know, If you have a problem, you could always come to me."

I raised my eye brow.

He threw his hands up defensively and stuttered, "I-I mean as you know- I know I always do better when I just, you know, Talk it out...."

I laughed, "Ok, Ok calm down. I understand."

He put his head down and blushed.

"Thank you." I said.

He looked up and gave me a brightened smile.

Seyth signaled for us to stop in front of a big bolder. This one looked like the one by the canyon but it had a marking engraved into it. It looked almost like an eye, but it was different than a humans eye. Behind it was a lot of bushes and tall grass that stretched out farther than I could see.

I wasn't able to see much more because Will got in the way.

Seyth told us to stay an then he disappeared into the brushes.

We all stayed quiet and just awkwardly looked around. Nobody talked and nobody moved.

Jaiden was back and was surveying the area.

I kept catching myself staring.

I looked away and my eyes settle on Doleth and Damion. They were standing next to each other.

They were so close to each other that their hands were almost touching.

Alex and Will were near where Seyth disappeared and Jack was next to me.

The wind started to blow and the trees began to move.

The bushes behind Doleth and Damion moved and then a loud screech went off behind me and Jack.

Then all of a sudden the wind stopped and everything went still.

The sound of a sword, unsheathing, rang out in the forest as Jaiden got out his sword.

Time seemed to stay still as everyone prepared for the worse.

It felt like we stood there for ever until Jaiden put his sword away and spoke.

"Its ok. Just a false alar- oof!"

Jaiden was knocked down from behind and his sword went flying.

All of a sudden the forest was alive again as the same creatures, who kidnapped me, emerged from the forest.

All hell broke lose as they came towards us from all sides. Damion was taking them out one at a time with Doleth picking up the ones he couldn't get.

Jaiden had pushed off the creature who had tackled him and retrieved his sword.

Meanwhile, Alex and Will had gotten their own weapons while me and Jack just stood there unsure of what to do.