<•>1<•>

Picture of Jada included.

{Jada}

"Jess?!" The character that I found out is Mike yells as he runs through the snow, looking for his girlfriend.

"I don't like this." Growls my wolf, Rose.

"Me either."I reply.

In the game, Mike rounds a corner.

"Oh god there's gonna be a jump-scare and I know it!" I squeal, hiding behind my older brother, Russ, for support.

I make a curtain around my face with my light-pink hair to block my vision of the screen.

My pink hair-- that's a long story. Shortening it up, I thought that it would be a good idea to dye my naturally platinum blonde hair a bright pink last summer. The permanent stuff. Yeah. Instead of dying it again, I decided to simply let it fade. A slow process, but it's working.

"Jada relax. It's just a video game." Gabe shushes me.

"A scary one!" I shout in response.

I am currently sitting on a bean bag chair in the game room, watching my older twin brothers play a game called 'Until Dawn'. So far it's really scary, and Russ told me that it's even scarier at the end. He wouldn't tell me why though.

"Kids! Lunch!" Our mom shouts from downstairs.

The twins groan while I shout, "Coming!" And stand up.

"Come on guys, the sooner you eat the sooner you can play your game." I encourage as Russ sighs and pauses the game. He then takes his phone out of his pocket for the thousandth time and checks it. I ignore this behavior and leave the room, the twins following close behind.

We walk down the stairs together and into the kitchen.

Once inside I see that we are having sandwiches for lunch and Mariel, our older sister, has already helped herself.

"Hey sis." I greet with a smile. She nods in return, her mouth full of sandwich.

"So what are you three up to up there?" Mom asks, cocking her eyebrow.

"They're showing me a game." I reply, grabbing two slices of bread and some turkey.

"What game?" She questions further.

"It's called 'Until Dawn' and it's really scary." I explain, oblivious to the twins cringing beside me.

Surprising all of us, mom just chuckles and prepares herself another sandwich.

"You teens and your weird obsessions." She chortles.

Russ, Gabe,  and I exchange curious glances, but leave it at that. If mom is willing to let it go, I'm not going to cause her to pick it back up.

We begin eating our sandwiches and start with a light conversation.

"Shouldn't you be with your mate, Russ?" Mariel inquires, finished with her lunch.