<•>21<•>

I'm updating and it hasn't been two years??? What???

Okay its been three weeks but considering it's me we're talking about that's progress.

But I've had a little extra time lately so here's a chapter!

QOTC: What time do your classes/schools start?
(7:15 for me ugh)

"I understood that reference." Captain America/Steve Rogers (The Avengers)

Chapter time yo

{Jada}
Right off the bat, the picnic is a disaster.

Gideon managed to ruin it by having security absolutely everywhere.

I love food as much as the next person, but a guard next to the snack table?! Come on.

He singled me out right away, too.

April and I had met up with Russ, Stella, and Gabe. Gabe was rather pouty since Marguerite had to work security and couldn't hang out with him. We were trying to cheer him up (and by that I mean we were teasing him and making fun of him the way he does to everyone else) when Gideon and I made eye contact and he gestured me over there. I rolled my eyes, feeling a weird jolt in them, before excusing myself and heading over there.

"What?" I snapped.

"I need you to stay within sight all night. Don't wander anywhere far away." He said briskly.

"Seriously? Guards surrounding everything isn't enough?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"No, just do as I ask." He replied.

"No, you need to tell me what's going on. This is a pack picnic; we aren't inviting a bunch of politicians, why are you being so ridiculous with security? What's going on?" I demanded.

Gideon paused for a minute, clearly wresting with something, before he finally said:
"We received a message from the rogues this morning threatening the picnic. I'm just trying to keep everyone safe." He rubbed his temples, clearly stressed.

"What? The ones that attacked me and Aviva? You know what forget it that's not important. If someone's going to attack us tonight then we need to stop the picnic! What were you thinking?!" I whisper-shouted so as not to alarm everyone else. Mass panic is the last thing we need.

"You spent so much time planning it, I didn't think you'd want me to cancel it." He wouldn't look me in the eye.

"No, but we could have moved it inside or something to protect everyone better. You should have just talked to me." I glared at him.

"I am doing my best to keep everyone safe. Maybe if you'd just let me-" I didn't let him finish, I held up my index finger to shush him and began storming away.

"Jada," he called after me.

"What?" I snapped as I whipped around.

"This fell." He said quietly as he handed me my flower crown.

"Thanks." I basically growled as I snatched it out of his hand. I hadn't even noticed.

I walked back over to my family. Should I even tell them? If Gideon has this much security set up surely he can handle it if anything goes wrong. I'll be sure to protect them if anything happens.

"Something wrong?" April asked once I got back over there.

"Nope." I replied, putting my flower crown back on my head.