<•>6<•>

{Jada}
"I am Alpha Gideon Malack." The man announced, still looking at me.

"He's my mate?!" I internally scream.

"Yes. Oh just look at him, he's so perfect." Rose gushes.

"Okay I've gotta agree with you on that one. Do you think he's like all of those stories we've heard?" I ask nervously.

"We can't be sure, not just yet. But he won't be like that with us. He'll love us." She assures me.

I look up, realizing that I had zoned out. Alpha Malack was still staring at me. I met his gaze with my own, full of hope.

That hope was shattered when he looked away and continued to glance at all of the other girls.

Was he going to reject me? Am I not good enough?

"Jada what's wrong?" April whispers, concerned.

"Nothing." I reply,  quickly whipping the hurt expression off of my face.

"So far I do not see my mate. I will see if I can find her throughout the night. Continue whatever you were doing before." Comes the heavenly voice of my mate.

Heaven laced with bitter poison.

"He basically just rejected us in front of the entire pack." I whine to Rose.

"Maybe he has good reason. Maybe he'll come find us later." She argues.

"What reason would be great enough to ignore your own mate?!" I shout at her. But she doesn't reply, she blocked me out.

I sigh heavily and turn to April.

"Want something to drink? I'll go grab us some punch." I say, not waiting for a reply.

I wander to the refreshment table that was far away from the other people and grabbed two cups for April and I. I was about to ladle the punch into the cups when someone grabbed me from behind, their hand covering my mouth.

I tried to scream but it was muffled by the hand. I kicked at the person in an attempt to escape. They dragged me away from the party, I tried to get someone's attention but no one noticed. After struggling and kicking failed to make the person release me, I went limp, it was the only thing I could think to do. Rose wasn't even trying to help me. The person dragged me into a closet.

Once inside the closet the person released me and I spun around as quick as I could.

"What do you think you're doing?! Are you trying to kidnap me in front of the entire pack?! Of all the-" I cut my rant short when I see who it is. It's the Blood Moon beta, Gerald.

"You? Why you?" I question.

"I asked him to." A deep voice said behind me. I recognized it as Malack's voice, my mate's voice. I spun around again. In my rage I hadn't noticed he was there in the first place.

"Why?" I asked simply. I meant many things by that simple question. Why ignore me, why have his beta grab me, and many more like that.

"It was for your own protection. There are............people that want hurt my mate." He said.

"Listen here, Malack-" he interrupted me by putting a finger to my lips.

"First of all, call me Gideon. You are my mate. Second of all, I don't take orders from anyone. You will be no exception, little mate." I want to bite his finger. If he thinks he can just control me, he's wrong.