<•>9<•>

Beautiful banner made by @natzlie_

(Kind of a long wait I know. I had a lot to deal with with finals and things like that these past few weeks.)

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us."-Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff (Captain America: The Winter Soldier)

Question of the chapter: should I start doing a QOTC?

{Gideon}
"What do you mean you can't trace it?!" I shout, pounding my fists into the conference room table.

"Alpha, please calm down. What he means is that there is no trail to the scent found on the notes, it appears as though whoever left them there vanished into thin air." Gerald replies, standing up for Andrew, the Blood Moon pack's best tracker.

"No one can just vanish into thin air." I growl through gritted teeth. This entire situation makes me very aggravated. We have received three other notes since the first one; all of them threatening Jada. I am constantly on edge at the thought of someone harming my mate. She's only been here for a few weeks, I haven't even gotten to know her yet. I've been too busy trying to eradicate the threats against her.

"Try again." I growl, slamming the most recently found note down on the table. This one has another picture of her with another threatening letter on the back.

Gerald suddenly stands straight up from his chair and closes his eyes tight, probably receiving a message of some kind through mind link.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Aviva!" He shouts, dashing out of the room. Andrew looks to me for directions.

"Alpha, what should I do?" He asks.

"Go after Gerald, see if it's anything serious. Take back up." I reply, shooing him out of my office.

I feel nervous. Maybe even scared. Why, I couldn't tell you. I never feel scared, I'm much too powerful for that. Alpha Gideon Malack doesn't get scared. So why am I feeling scared now?

{Jada}
Aviva and I are on a walk. I've gotten pretty close to her over the past month, that's how long I've been here. I miss my family terribly and I haven't even seen Gideon apart from meals. I've been sleeping in a guest bedroom since the first day I've been here. Gideon hasn't said a word about it so I guess he's okay with it. The first dinner I had here, the spaghetti dinner, I met most of the pack and Gideon introduced me as his mate. I'm not officially the Luna, not until Gideon and I mate. Given the facts that a)he kidnapped me to get me here in the first place and b)I haven't hardly seen him in the past month, I'd say that's not happening for a while. A long while.

"Come on, it's right up ahead!" Aviva calls, dragging me out of my thoughts.

I look up and see what she was leading me to, a small clearing in the forest with tons of flowers filling it. I smile, one of the few genuine smiles I've had in the past month.

"Hurry up!" I yell as I giggle, running towards the field.

"Oh sure. Ask the pregnant woman to run." Aviva grumbles, though she doesn't mean anything by it. Her smile and laugh give it away.

I hear a twig snap and I whirl around to find the cause. Rose is on edge.

"Jada? What's wrong? Aviva asks, finally reaching where I was. I hear a growl.