Grillby x Reader

You had been working at Grillby's for a while now. It was a good job, and you made money and friends in the years that you've worked there.

"Hey, Sans" you said as the shorter skeletal brother sat down.  "The usual?"

"Do I ever get anything else?"
Ketchup it was then.  The day carried out as normal and soon came to an end.  You decided to help out your boss, Grillby,  close up the pub.

"You sure you don't want to go? I mean I can finish up here and you could head home" you told Grillby. There's was supposed to be a blizzard tonight, and the weather was getting worse by the minute.

"No, I'm sure, (Y/N). I've driven in bad weather before." He replied, cleaning off the bar.

"You're so stubborn" you said smiling and sweeping the floors. The weather had gotten mildly worse since the start of the conversation. Everything was pretty much done except for the chair you were putting on the table now. Grillby walked over and look out the front window and you followed behind him.

"It's pretty bad out there. They weren't lying when they said it would be a blizzard."

"No kidding" you said quietly, also looking out the window. You touched the glass and it was freezing to the touch. Standing near Grillby made you feel so warm. And not just cause he was a fire elemental.
He went to go open the door and it wouldn't budge.

"Snows blocking the door." He sighed.

"So we're snowd-in" you laughed at your pun.

"I hear enough of those from Sans, (Y/N)" he smiled and still laughed at your pun. "I'll be right back"  he went through the fire exit behind the bar.
You sat down at the bar and got out your phone.

To: Toriel
From: (Y/N)
Stuck at work might not be home tonight. Don't wait up for me!

About two minutes past and Grillby still hadn't returned to the front area.
*beep*

To: (Y/N)
From: Toriel
Alright, my child. Be safe and don't try to drive through this blizzard!

Since your boss still hadn't returned, you decided to pass the time by listen to (favorite band/music artist). You grabbed your earbuds and plugged them in.

About a minute later, Grillby returned, however, you didn't hear him walk in.
"Hmm? Oh hey, Grillbz" you put away your earbuds and looked at the snacks Grillby brought from the back.

"You like (favorite snack)s, right?" He asked as he took a seat beside you.

"There only my favorite!"  You had a funny feeling he already knew that, though. The both of you sat, ate, and talked for a while when all of a sudden the power goes out. It was late already and the snow hadn't let up, so without Grillby it was dark and cold. Why Grillby went to retrieve more snacks, you moved over to one of the booths. You had left your coat in your car and were freezing.

"Cold?" Grillby handed you the snacks and sat beside you.

"Nah, warm as can be" you replied sarcastically, still shivering.

"Here, maybe I can help with that" Grillby scooted closer to you and put his arm around you. You started blushing slightly because, truth be told, you did like your boss a little more than a friend.

"Thanks" you said, still blushing.

"Anytime, (Y/N)"

You two sat there for a while talking every now and then. You found yourself cuddling into Grillby, growing tired. Eventually you drifted off as Grillby played with your hair.

"(Y/N)?" He realized now that you were asleep and sighed. "Oh (Y/N), I wish I could tell you how I really feel about you" he watched as you slept, eventually drifting of himself.