Chap 1 -A Change In The Air

Hay guys,

So this is my first try at a werewolf story! So have a read and tell me what you all think and whether I should continue it or not.

As always PLS leave me a comment/Review and vote if you really like it :) Thanks Guys!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Alpha’s Forgotten Mistake

For as long as I can remember, my mum has told me to always stay strong- To never run from anything.

I -like many others- have grown up in a single parent home. My mum is one of the strongest women I know, she works as a defence attorney for a small law firm in the city, which is over an hour drive from our happy town. I’ve never seen her at work, but I’ve heard from a few people that once she’s in the court room – she is vicious.

At home, you would think that she is Betty Crocker herself! She always has a smile on her face and something baking in the oven.

I never really thought much of it when I was little; I just thought she was the best mum in the world, then again – what little girl doesn’t? It wasn’t until I grew up that I started to notice the cracks in her façade.

I was thirteen when I found her one night, staring out the back window; staring into the trees as though she was waiting for something, or even someone. I watched as her face reflected the pain that she was clearly suffering, and a single tear rolled down her cheek.

The following day I asked her about it. That was the day that I found out that I really did have a dad. She told me how they were madly in love and were going to be married. I watched as her eyes filled with love and a secret smile graced her lips as she thought of the memories, and as she continued the smile slowly slipped; the love and happiness shining in her eyes dimmed and was replaced with sadness and unshed tears. She told me that because he was different, his family wouldn’t allow the marriage and forced him to take another bride. She never told me what she meant by different, and I never asked.

That was the day she told me “No matter what happens in life Kay-lee, never let somebody tell you what you can and can’t do” before she kissed my forehead and left me to go and bake cookies – humming as she went, as though she had never spoken those words with such conviction.

A year passed before I finally asked what she meant and when I did finally ask, she told me “There are two types of kings that rule. One that has a firm hand and a warm heart; the other will have a fist of iron and a heart of stone.”

On my sweet sixteenth birthday, I finally understood what she meant and I was introduced to a world of kings, queens, princes and princesses; just not as the way I always knew it.

I shifted for my first time and took my rightful place as princess, as queen, as alpha of my happy town. That was where my own broken little fairy tale began; I was a princess without her prince, a queen without her king and couldn’t care less.

"Damn Lee, you're not actually gunna hand that in are you?"

Looking across at my best friend Jess, I raised an eye brow at her in question, before looking back down at my English book that I had been scribbling in. Reading back over what I had written, I looked back at Jess and told her "Well maybe if I take out the Alpha, werewolf and shifting parts, and add a bit of bull shi-"