Chap 3 -Seeing What Couldn't Be Seen

“Seriously Lee, you need to just listen to what we’re telling you”

“Just back off, the both of you!” I hissed at Mason I don’t need more of their bullshit at the moment

“Come on Lee, you know Mase and I are just worried about you” Jess tries to sooth me, which is only successfully pisses me off more

“ENOUGH!” I roared, after letting my anger consume me a little too much. Sighing loudly and rubbing my temples, maybe I should let them see how they would deal in my situation. Looking back up at my now shocked and silent friends “If you think I’m over reacting, we’ll see how you two can cope in my situation. To start with, my mum is keeping something from me and I know it’s not good” Closing my eyes and mentally reaching out to them, I found the memory of when I came home to find my mum asleep after crying her eyes out. As I pushed the memory to them so they could see and feel everything from my point of view I continued with my speech to my friends “How often have you visited my house and not had a freshly backed snack waiting for us? When have you ever seen my mum not cooking?” I then sped forward through my memory and showed them the conversation that I overheard “She hasn’t told me anything about who that was and it’s already been a week. She’s nervous around me and I can sense her fear –not of me, but for me. It has my wolf going crazy!” I changed to show them the way my wolf has been acting, letting feel the unease that she forces upon me every minute of every day. I show them last night when I went for a run; I let them feel as though it was their memory, as though they were living it “She doesn’t stop, she runs and runs, constantly on alert, but never finding anything but she knows something is off –she can feel it and she tells me every second of every day, which keeps me alert twenty-four, seven” After that, I showed them how I’ve been feeling for the last couple of weeks “Then to have you two at me constantly, this is how you make us feel” I finished as I pushed my current feelings of anger from both my wolf and I. Annoyance because they don’t understand and won’t listen. Frustration at myself for not being about to figure out what is off. Sadness and disappointment because I can’t work it out. Last, but not least, I show them how ashamed I am of myself, because as their Alpha, I should be able to protect them from any and all danger, but I know that this is going to blind sight us if I can’t work out what it is. I let them feel my wolf’s need to protect her pack and her territory, her want to patrol night and day, her anger toward them because she feels that they don’t respect their Alpha every time they question my decisions, her annoyance with me because I don’t demand the respect that she believes I deserve from them, and last, I let them feel her heart ache at not being a strong enough Alpha to protect her pack the way she can feel she will need to, but not know when, why or from what or who. They feel it all, every emotion, thought, feeling and personal battle that I go through in a single day.

As I release Jess and Mason from me, I focused back on my surroundings, I took one quick look at my stunned friends before I made my way back over to my desk and sat down in my huge chair. I watched and waited for my friends to finally come out of their stupor, Mason was the first “Holy Shit Lee!” He breathed

“I second that” Jess breathed

“Why didn’t you tell us? We could have been helping you instead of what we’ve been doing” Mason spoke up

“As I showed you both, I’ve tried to tell you, I’ve tried to let you both see, but you guys weren’t listening” I sighed