3rd Place

Hi, guys! After receiving some pretty AWESOME submissions of poetry and short stories for the 250K contest, I've got the winners... but ALL the entries were wonderful!

As I read through everyone's stuff, I could not believe how much attention you all pay to detail. Plus a lot of you had some AMAZING plot twists that I want to give standing ovations to. I've taught you all to be a little demented and twisted when you write lol.

For the month of February 2016, I will be posting winners in this order every Saturday: 3rd, 2nd, 1st, Honorable Mention, and everyone else with the Special Recognition. Look forward to your entries to be posted in their own Enhancement chapters, winners! Don't get anxious if you don't see your name yet.

-- -- -- -- --

So without any further ado, the winner of THIRD PLACE in the 250K Contest is

AnotherGinger11 !!

Congratulations!! Your short story was pretty darn epic! My video message won't link to here, so I'm just going to leave it out. My favorite parts of your entry were the direct quotes you borrowed from Enhancement, the use of children as main characters, and the PLOT TWIST YOU THREW AT ME WITH THE WHOLE HYBRIAD THING!

Plus I adore that last line you wrote. It speaks LOUDLY about the heartless, cruel aspects of the Enhancement world. Combine that with the plot twist, and you really understand some of the core bits of fear and excitement that make Enhancement unique.

-- -- -- -- --

Here is AnotherGinger11 's short story:

Thomas

I ran down the sleek hallways in my grey sweatpants and V-neck, eager to get my make-up done. I had woken up later then the rest and it was thanks to my ginger friend Tabitha that I had woken up at all. She told me that we only had 4 hours until the bad people came for inspection and to take back the two new arrivals that agreed to be spies for Pod 14. I skidded to halt once I found a short line. I looked around me as I tried to recover my breath; all around me were children my age and adults with bruises, cuts, black eyes and yellowed skin laughing and talking to one another like normal.

There was only one person in front of me when I looked back, someone who looked like...

"Tabitha!" I giggled excitedly. The ginger turned around and smiled her goofy smile.

"Well well Thomas, I see you found where we all were, I was almost certain you were going to get lost again!" I felt my cheeks flush red and I looked away in embarrassment. Tabitha was only a year older then I, 12 years she was. She got a screening at my age for not cooperating with a Screener when her parents were taken away for rebelling against the government.