1. Discovered

Hey guys! I'm feeling good about this project.

This may in fact be the first Transformers story I've ever posted to Wattpad, so I'm totally stoked to see how it goes.

Well...'here goes!

-*-

Chris's house in England was small, and often filled with laughter. She had a small family, with a stereotypically irritating little sister, and a know-it-all big brother. Her mother was a seamstress with a shop in the downstairs of the house, and her father was a fitter who taught his children from a young age how to make repairs on automobiles.

By age 17, Chris was a well-realized auto-fitter, but she never quite mastered the art of driving, and crashed the family car into a hedgerow once. Since then she had been wary of sitting behind the wheel.

One fateful day she got the ride of her life. She and her brother were coming out of the hardware shop that day, casual as anything.

"I hope we got the right ratchet." Chris looked into the bag, "Dad will kill me if I get it wrong again."

"Maybe if you had written it down like he told you, you wouldn't have to worry." James prodded with a teasing grin.

Chris playfully swatted his arm, "Well we can't all be as perfect as you!"

"Hey, I'm going to stop by to get something to eat on the way home. Do you have a request?" James asked.

"I'm good, thanks."

"You sure you don't need a ride home, then?"

Chris shook her head, "I prefer walking."

"You ought to, with your driving!"

Before Chris could smack him a second time James sprinted away to his car.

"James, you're an idiot!" Chris shouted after him.

Shaking her head she started her walk home. She hadn't gone far before an unusual glint of crimson caught her eye. Her eyes widened in spite of herself at the gorgeous Aston Martin parked on the curb.

Her breath was taken away, "Wow..."

Making sure no one was around she went up to the car to get a closer look.

"Beautiful." She ran her hand over one of the smooth fenders. It gleamed in the sun.

"Too bad I could never drive you, but a girl can dream, can't she?" She smiled wistfully.

Looking around she remarked, "I wonder who your owner is."

Then with a final glance she left the car behind and went on her way, but little did she know that a pair of optics was watching her, and the rearview mirror of the Aston Martin turned to put her in its line of sight.

The car uttered a chuckle, pleased at the compliment. Then his intercom system crackled to life.

"Knockout, what is keeping you?" Megatron's deep growl demanded.

"Forgive me, my liege. I merely needed to get out to stretch my tires."

"I suggest you return promptly. Your duties in the lab await."

Knockout vented, "As you say, my liege."

Starting his engine he pulled away from the curb and drove down the street. As he passed the street corner he saw that same girl standing there, waiting to cross, and was tempted to honk, but common sense make him think better of it.