4. Make A Break For It

Miko is about to cause a whole bunch of trouble, but then again, trouble really goes looking for her. Lol.

The picture quote? I couldn't resist. Knockout is Wesley haha

-*-

Chris awoke the next morning to Miko shouting as she ran up the catwalk.

When she opened her eyes Miko was dangling something over her face.

"Brought you breakfast!"

Chris groaned and sat up, "T-thanks, Miko. Do you think you could keep it down? I am not a morning person."

Miko looked at her annoyed.

"I for one agree." Ratchet remarked.

Then came the comment that thoroughly woke Chris up.

"Ha! You two are like soul mates!" Miko announced to the entire room.

Chris wrinkled her forehead, "I think I should be insulted? And also, eww!"

"Puh-lease!" Ratchet scoffed, "That's wrong in every way I can imagine!"

"Kinda weird, Miko." Arcee commented, then to Chris she smiled and said, "Sorry about the Energizer Bunny here. How was your first night at base?"

"Just fine, thank you." Chris replied, assuming her hair was a mess and combing it with her fingers.

Optimus Prime's voice silenced everyone.

"Arcee, Bulkhead, Bumblebee, our first course of action today is reconnaissance. Keep an eye out for any Decepticon activity."

Ratchet added, "Our most recent record of Deception activity was pin-pointed here," He pointed at the screen, "Not far from a large energon mine."

Chris wondered what energon was; she'd heard a lot about it since her stay here.

"Autobots," Optimus spoke, "Keep a sharp eye, and roll out."

Ratchet pulled a lever and a familiar large green portal opened up. Chris recognized it.

"That's the same portal the cons used."

"Indeed," Ratchet replied, "Groundbridges are not specific to either side. They are common knowledge."

He then added, "To most."

The Autobots transformed and drove into the ground bridge, disappearing from sight. Suddenly Miko grabbed Chris's hand; Chris balked, giving her a confused look.

"Come on! You wanna see some action, don't you?" Miko exclaimed, dragging her along.

Before Chris could reply they were through the groundbridge. She felt incredibly nauseous at first, then as though an earthquake was happening inside her very body. Then they emerged out the other side into a desert with cliffs and dunes. The portal closed behind them.

"Good, I don't think DocBot noticed us making a break!" Miko stated, looking around.

Chris sank to her knees, holding her stomach, "I think I'm going to be sick, and you did the breaking! I just got dragged into this."