Chapter 6

~Cato Pov~

I sit down on the couch and I turn on the tv, I switch through all the stations until I get to the news station.

I lean back and listen to it.

"So, it's been a few months since the games. How about we watch the ending again?" Caesar Flickerman says and I stare at the screen then look down.

Should I really watch this again?

I look up just as I see us on the top of the cornucopia. I see Peeta try to choke her then I stab him and he drags Katniss along with him off the cornucopia.

Then the most pain full thing to watch. As I just stand there looking at the girl I love get eaten by mutts I realize how much strength she used to put up a fight.

She kicked, screamed, and even used and arrow to stab them but nothing worked.

I watched her eyes go from that fiery grey to hollow black and lifeless.

Then at her final moments her last breath she looks up at me. ME. The one who didn't save her.

Then she goes lifeless.

"I remember the pain now, them never giving up until I couldn't fight any longer. I remember you just standing there. I didn't blame you. If I did you wouldn't have put up a fight like that. Looking at them mutts faces was something that was scary," Katniss says from behind me and I jump and turn around.

"Katniss," I say shocked.

"Oh yeah Snow said that rebellions are coming," Katniss says not looking at me, she stares at the screen.

"Rebellions?" I ask confused.

"District 13, it's time to fight Cato," she says and finally looks at me. There's something in her eye.

Her left eye.

It looks like fire. Just a little.