Chapter 8

I sit on the couch my hands resting on my forehead as I lean into them as I'm watching tv, while flipping through the stations.

"She still ignoring you?" Effie says walking into the room and taking a seat on the leather chair by the tv.

I nod my head and sigh.

"Yes, but only because I said that I wanted to help her and I wanted her to believe me and then she asked then why didn't you help me? And I said I don't know," I say giving a short summary of what happened between Katniss and I.

I cover my face with my hands only to hear Effie sigh and then I hear a laugh, but it's not Effie's. It's Haymitch's.

"Okay Cato, let me tell you something," Haymitch says and I look up as Effie leaves the room a small smile on her face while she tries to not laugh.

"You want her to believe that you wanted to help her, yet you don't know why you didn't. She is still confused and has some memory loss and she only remembers the mutts clawing at her. Do you really think she will understand why you didn't help her if you don't even know why you didn't help her?" Haymitch asks me and I look at him.

"Oh," I say and Haymitch smirks and pats my back as he stands up and walks out of the room but stops at the doorway.

"Say sorry, but figure out why you didn't help her before. Then tell her why you didn't. Okay?" He asks and I nod my head.

He smirks again and walks out of the room completely and I hear heels and Haymitch laughing and then nothing as the door shuts.

Now, why didn't I help her?