v. eclipse

After an hour of enduring literature and its complexity, the students were finally liberated from the burden that Shakespeare has passed down to them through centuries of dedicated learners and philosophers. Unfortunately, Elle didn't share the interest that was very popular in the twentieth century.

She walked down the hallway in search for her locker and couldn't help but look on the boy that used to have the ability to pique her interest as he was replacing his books in front of his locker just like everybody else was doing before they rushed to their cars outside, but something about him was irritatingly demanding her attention. And suddenly, the urge of forgiveness came crashing down onto her like a tidal wave as her brain was flooded with all the memories of their short interactions. But being separated from him for so long gave her the tolerance as well as the ability of not being with him anymore as she retracted her vision and concentrated on the task at hand.

She finally located her slightly rusted plaque 158 and finally input her combination on the padlock before finally being granted access to her belongings as the locker door welcomed her in. She saw the usual embarrassing mess that was hidden within her little property that should really be cleaned out but is always prevented by the curse of laziness that this generation has been cursed with. But the mess that she stared at actually helped her with her organization as she instantly knew where everything was as the system of her locker is evidently respected, when everyone that was a stranger would be mortified.

And though she couldn't see them, she definitely heard everyone murmuring to their friends about their plans after school as they ran towards the lot outside with their stilettos angrily hitting the floor. All that she responded to that with was a massive sigh, not because of her lack of social connections, but because of the fact that they seemed more interested in going home rather than being surrounded in this den of education that has sadly been neglected for many years now because of the fact that everyone sees it as a hindrance towards their shallow social lives. Whereas Elle sees it as a constant opportunity of improvement and betterment. But sadly, not everyone can share her abnormal perspectives.

And she was majorly indifferent towards her after school activity, which was volunteering in the library. It wasn't actually something you could just sign up for extra credit, but the librarian noticed her consistent visits and asked her if she could help her sort out the mess that these uncivilized animals constantly make on a daily basis, which was not returning the books to their proper places. It was a pet peeve that both of them shared, which was the reason that Elle happily volunteered to stay after school, other than the fact that she had absolutely nothing better to do than to arrange books.

She slung her not so heavy bag over her shoulder now that it didn't seem like it contained bars of gold as she walked over to the library. The halls were practically abandoned as only a few students lingered in the corners for possible extra curricular activities.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Sullivan." Elle gleefully greeted as she entered the epitome of knowledge passed down from the minds of absolutely influential geniuses. She looked around and took in the familiar maze like arrangement of the bookshelves that seemed absolutely infinite. Each shelf was filled with so much books that it was considered rather a struggle to pull one out due to the cramped space that all the other books have caused, which was definitely something that Elle unconventionally derived happiness out of.

"Hello, Elle. You are as punctual as ever." Mrs. Sullivan beamed as she was swerving her rotating chair around to different sectors of her librarian's table sorting files and inputting data that she hadn't done earlier. Mrs. Sullivan wasn't your typical librarian. She wasn't old or in her seniority, not that there was anything wrong with a very common librarian. Mrs. Sullivan was young and cheerful with her natural blonde hair and her very conservative yet stylish floral dresses that she wears on practically a daily basis.