A Thug's Bliss: Eight

Heyy Ya'll :D . Do y'all like the new cover because I love it!! Shoutout to TheUnbelievableTruth once again for it!! This chapter is short as hell because it is a FILLER. A FILLER for all of the upcomng drama. Don't mind my mistakes.

                                                              Chapter Eight

                                                                     Mickie

               I felt like I couldn't breathe. I cried as they lowered my mother's casket in to the ground. My aunt and Aubree held me trying to console me, even though they were shedding tears, too. Mom was being buried alongside my father. Reality hit me hard and it made it even more emotional for me to be there in that graveyard with both of my dead parents.

                 ''It's gonna be alright, Mickie. She's in a better place.'' Aubree would tell me over and over. I believed her, I really did. But, I couldn't help but feel it was my fault that my mother died. Maybe if I didn't went to work that day or hadn't picked Caramel up from daycare she would still be alive.

                  Police had been around, asking me questions about my mother and my whereabouts that day. I tried to help them the best that I could and relive that day no matter how painful it was. They asked me about threats, pimps, and anything else that may have helped them solve the case, but I knew of none. My mom had multiple lovers, so anyone of them could've killed her.

                 ''Thank you for inviting me. I'm sorry for your lost, Mickie. I know how you feel.'' Dre' told me as we walked out of the graveyard. Aubree had invited him.

               Aubree's mom went to go bring the car around front of the cemetery, so we could go back 'home.' 

                ''Thank you,'' I barely managed to croak out. A few people were at my mom's funeral. A couple of my dad's old friends and co-workers. They express their condolences to me and my family. Only my aunt and Grandpa from New York had flown in to Compton just to see my mom get buried.

                ''You good shorty. Keep ya' head up, 'cause this world is only gonna get colder,'' Dre' told me as I saw Aubree's mom's classic white Benz driving down the street, ''Hit Money up for me. He been asking 'bout you.'' 

                 Money. I hadn't seen him sice he 'saved' me and that was a week ago. I nodded my head and gave a weak smile, ''I will.'' I lied.

                 He gave me a warm hug and Aubree a kiss on her cheek before hopping in his black Range Rover with all tinted windows and driving off down the road. Just then, Katalina, Aubree's mom, Benz pulled up in front of us.

                I looked at my family all getting situated before departing in to their cars and I ran over to them and hugged my aunt Chyna. She hugged me back ruffling the loose curls Aubree had did in my hair for the funeral. 

                  ''Mj I love you. I always will.'' She whispered in my ear, ''I missed you, so much. You've grown.''

                  ''I miss you too, Auntie Chyna.'' I blinked away the excess tears. I missed my family. I haven't see them since we moved here to Compton and that was when I was twelve.

                  She pulled away and gave me a lingering kiss on my forehead. I looked at my Grandfather in his black suit, holding his cane for support. He hadn't been doing so well since Grandma had passed. I walked over to him and gave him a tight hug.