A Thug's Bliss: Twenty Two

Excuse my mistakes. Anytime that there's a long wait for a chapter, it's because I have writer's block. I know it's short and not my best chapter but the next one will be better, longer and come out earlier.

Chapter 22

Mickie

Two weeks later...

Being in New York, made me realize how much I missed it and my family. Seeing my Auntie get married was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in my life.

I told my auntie about everything except Mikey. That made her want me to come back to New York even more, but I refused.

I was a big girl now and if I thought I was grown enough to open up my legs, I was grown enough to deal with the consequences.

Rumor that I was pregnant got all around my high school. I couldn't exactly say it was a rumor because it was true and I knew Alaysia was behind it. She hadn't bothered me since that time I told her about herself, but the looks she gave me told me that she still despised me.

I was now 2 and a half months pregnant. I wasn't big or anything but if I wore tight shirts you could see a small bulge in my stomach.

"Your hair's growing back fast," I told Aubree as we sat in the shade, watching seniors play basketball. The school let us go out to the courtyard during lunch.

The different grades ate at a different time period from others. We, ate 6th period.

"Good, I don't even know why I cut that shit in da first place." Aubree replied, running her fingers through her hair.

I rolled my eyes. "It looks good on you."

"You think so baby?"

"Yass baby." I said, playing along with Aubree. We shared a laugh.

"So how's everything going with you and Money?" Dre told Money Aubree was alive before I ever had a chance. They had a misunderstanding but they were cool now.

I knew Money wasn't going to stay mad at Dre for long. They knew each other for over 10 years. That night Money was smokin blunt after blunt and he was just paranoid.

After all a lot of people got paranoid when they were high.

"Good, I have no complaints." And I truly didn't. Money was so good to me.

"I'm so happy to see you happy," Aubree smiled. When I looked at her, I could tell that she really did mean that shit.

"What about you and--"

"I don't even wanna hear his name." Aubree rolled her eyes.

I frowned. "Aubree come on--"

"Nope." I just shook my head at her stubbornness.

My phone started ringing the third time since I've been in school.

Knowing it was Money, I answered. For some reason he's been sweating me a lot these past couple of weeks but would never told me why.

He was probably calling to check what time I got out.

"Hello?" I answered.

The other line was silent. "Hello?" I repeated.

All of a sudden I heard heavy breathing. Getting scared, I immediately hung up. I had gotten a call like this a week ago. I thought nothing of it at first, but now it was getting to me. Memories of the black sedan came back and I got afraid all over again.

"Girl what's wrong with you? You look like you've seen a ghost! Who was that?"

Aubree's questions caught me off guard.

I forced a smile. "Nobody."

Dre

I sat in the drivers seat with my hand on the wheel, getting ready to leave.

"Man, when this bitch gon come?" Money said with an attitude, voicing my thoughts.

Patrice had texted me talking about I better let her see her daughter before she called her lawyer up. I was busy all fuckin day and I had a lil attitude as well from people leaving death threats on my phone, so I wasn't in the mood.

Money and I had to do something pertaining to the trap in a few minutes and I didn't want to bring Caramel. I ain't wanted to pawn Caramel off on Tahlia like I always did. I knew the responsibility of having a kid, so I was gonna own up to my responsibilities.

I heard Caramel's shrieking coming from the backseat of the car. I looked at the rear view mirror to see that Money was tickling her.

"Y'all niggas annoying," I mumbled under my breath.

"Why ya daddy so mean today?" Money spoke towards Caramel. Caramel did a cute shrug. "Tell him something nice."

"I wuv you dadddy," Caramel smiled at me, showing her two missing teeth in the front.

I returned the smile, feeling my day brighten up a little. "I love you too baby."

A couple of more minutes passed and Patrice was no where in sight. She had told me to meet her a block and around the corner from Daddy's Little Girls and the bitch still wasn't here.

"Man, what the fuck!"

Money sucked his teeth, passing Caramel to sit on my lap. "Lemme go get a blunt then we could swing by my house and let Mickie watch her for the night, you kno that's her cousin and shit, so she won't mind."

I agreed.

He exited the vehicle and hurried across the street to the corner store.

I noticed a girl Money used to fuck with before. She was bad as hell. She continued walking until she disappeared from my sight.

I took out my phone, feeling it vibrate. I saw one new message from Patrice.

Nigga fuck u.

I sucked my teeth, too busy looking at my phone and not hearing the footsteps running up besides me.

"Nigga fuck you," The masked man spat before letting off 3 rounds.

POW!

POW!

POW!