A Thug's Bliss: Fourteen

Excuse my mistakes

Chapter 14

Mickie

"Is this your daughter, Ms.Brown?" The handsome blue eyed white detective who looked no older than 25, asked.

I didn't know his name because I was too busy thinking if Aubree was really dead and what would I do without her forever.

Tears were already at my waterline, waiting to be released and I couldn't stop shaking.

He pulled the sheet from over the dead body and immediately, I looked away.

I couldn't bare to see anybody dead, especially if that was Aubree.

An eerie silence went by before I heard Katalina sigh.

"No, detective. It's not."

Katalina sounded tired, as if all she wanted was just closure.

I felt the weight being lifted from my heart. I quickly looked back to the body and regretted it. I knew I was gonna have nightmares.

It was a girl that was Aubree's complexion and she was naked. It seems as if she was raped then killed.

She even had the same honey blonde dyed hair.

As much as she resembled Aubree, I knew it wasn't her because she had a beauty mark above her left breast and this girl didn't.

Katalina sighed again, creases forming on her forehead.

"Can't ... can't y'all just please find my daughter?" Katalina's voice choked out before crying.

The detective hugged Katalina as her sobbing got worse. I watched as he consoled her.

The sight made me shed a few tears but I quickly wiped them away. I couldn't imagine what Katalina was going through.

I thought I missed Aubree, but what about Katalina? She must be going through hell right now.

Katalina pulled away from his embrace, wiping her eyes. "I'm so sorry."

"It's alright, miss." The detective said, looking like he felt bad for her.

"Can you promise me you'll find my daughter?" Katalina asked, looking like she was going to break down again.

"I'll promise we'll do everything in our power to find your daughter, Ms.Brown."

1 week later...

Money picking me up, was something new. He hadn't picked me up in the two weeks we haven't been speaking to each other and I was surprised to see his cherry red Lamborghini parked outside of my high school.

Feeling nervous, I pushed a strand of hair that came lose from my weave that was in a bun. I just stood there like I was stupid.

I wasn't mad anymore, but I was sure that he still was and I didn't want to get in the car with him for that particular reason.

Noticing that somebody was in the passenger's seat, I furrowed my eyebrows. The car's windows were tinted, so I couldn't really see who it was.

I kept my distance from the car. Was that even Money's or was I just bugging?

I knew for sure, it was, when Alaysia came out of the car fixing her pink lipstick and wiping the corners of her mouth.

My face scrunched up in disgust. I knew that she gave him head in that car and maybe they had sex too. I was repulsed.