A Thug's Bliss: Eighteen

Excuse my mistakes. I rushed with this chapter, so don't judge me. I guess you can call this a filler chapter, because it's the calm before the storm. & for some reason the last two chapters are private. I could understand for 16, but I have no idea why for 17, so you have to follow me to read it.

Mickie

A week later...

"Who would you like to see, ma'am?" The warden asked me.

My palms were sweaty from being nervous.

"Um, Michael Thomas Jr." I told the man as he wrote down the name in the visiting book.

"And what is your name?"

"Mickie Thomas."

"Well it seems somebody is already visiting Michael."

I nodded. It probably was his lawyer.

I had to go through a metal detector and a female officer had to pat me down before I could go into the visitation room.

The air conditioning in the room made me regret wearing a casual red Marvel dress that had cute little cutouts on the sides and flats.

There were a few inmates with their families and it didn't take me long to spot my brother.

My stomach churned once I saw who he was with.

Him and Alaysia looked like they were having an intense conversation.

I felt like the room was spinning and my head started pounding. How did he know her?

Feeling my eyes on him, Mikey looked up in my direction and his face contorted in surprise.

He wasn't expecting me and I was planning on surprising him.

He sighed, looking at the expression on my face. "Mickie, come here..."

While my brother's back was turned, Alaysia gave me a smirk that made my adrenaline start pumping.

I wanted to slap the grin off of her face because I didn't see a damn thing funny.

I ignored him and ran out of the correctional facility and onto the street.

Making it to the trash can on the corner of the block, I threw up what I had for breakfast and lunch.

"Are you okay, dear?" An elderly woman passing by with her grandson asked me. I merely nodded as I started to dry heave.

My heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest and I couldn't help it once I started to throw up a clear liquid.

I was frustrated, mad, and confused. I was mad to see my arch enemy and my brother chopping it up like they were old friends. Frustrated, that Alaysia always had something up her sleeve and confused to how she and Mikey knew each other.

Something didn't add up and I knew there was something Mikey didn't tell me.

++++++++++++

"So what happened, Mickie?" Aubree asked me, eagerly as we hanged out at our lockers.

I made it to Money's house to brush my teeth and relax before I came back to school. Surprisingly, he was there and wanted me to stay with him, but I promised Aubree that I would go back to school.

I just gave her a look. I still couldn't believe what I saw.

Aubree's eyes widened. "Oh hell no! What happened?"

I explained to her what I saw and Aubree was confused. "How ya brother kno Alaysia's ass?"

I shrugged while Aubree shook her head.

"Everything about Alaysia rub me the wrong fuckin way. I don't trust that hoe as far as I can throw her. Either that bitch is Houdini or your brother got some shit he didn't tell you."

I mentally agreed with Aubree even though I didn't speak it verbally. As I let it sink in my head, I did wondered what Mikey didn't tell me.

Since Aubree missed so much school, she now had to go to PM and Saturday school to catch up if she wanted to graduate this year.

Aubree didn't tell me what happened that night or how she got kidnapped.

I figured she would tell me on her own time and I respected that.

Dre didn't know that Aubree was back and Aubree made me promise not to tell Money she was back because she didn't want Dre to find out.

I figured she felt betrayed by what she heard on the phone, but I told her she couldn't make assumptions. She wasn't tryna hear that though.

"Anyway, look at you, girl! Wearing dresses and shit. Money turnt you out, didn't he?" Aubree teased before smacking my ass.

I sucked my teeth. "Whatever, no he didn't."

"Why you smiling?" Aubree lied.

"I'm not even smiling," I said, beginning to smile. I hated when she did that.

Soon, the bell rung for our seventh period classes and me and Aubree said our goodbyes before going to our last class for the day.

After school, I went straight to bed, but I couldn't go to sleep. I wasn't feeling good and just the thought of Alaysia even speaking to my brother was bothering me.

It seemed like she did everything in her power to try and make me mad or go through a hard time.

It was going on 10 o' clock and I was laid up in bed, watching Love & Hip Hop Atlanta with Money beside me. The only lights on in the room were the TV lights.

"Man, change this bullshit. Turn it to the game." Money sucked his teeth.

"No. We watching this, I don't care what you want."

We started fighting for the remote. "Fine, you got it." I said, feeling my stomach start to cramp up.

"You good?" Money asked, surprised at how easily I gave up. Usually we would be fighting until he gave up and sometimes our play fighting would turn into sex, but I wasn't in the mood for all that, today.

"Yeah." I lied.

I started watching the Pacers vs. Heat game with Money. I didn't like the Heat because everybody liked them and I felt that Lebron James was overrated.

As I started to doze off, Money's iPhone started to ring loudly, waking me out of my almost sleep.

"Yo?" Money answered.

A couple of minutes went by before I heard Money talk again.

"What?" Money barked into the phone. "The fuck is wrong with ya'll niggas! I can't--matter of fact I'm coming right now,"

I felt Money get up from the bed. I turned around to look at Money to see he had hung up the phone and was getting dressed.

"What's wrong?" I asked, concerned.

"Don't worry about it," Money said, sitting back on the bed to pull some Foamposites onto his feet.

I narrowed my eyes at him just as he kissed me on the lips. "I'll be back."

I watched him leave out of the room. I knew it had to be important because this was the first time I seen him leave out without any jewelry on.

I kinda bothered me that he just left out in the middle of the night, but I knew that I had to get used to it sooner or later.