Chapter One- Tears in Hawaii

Lauren's POV

I was riding my motorbike when I saw a really beautiful type of a wild flower, standing bravely on the side of the road, dancing through the wind and I can't help myself from stopping by to pick some of those to give to the very special girl waiting for me at home.

Life have been great so far and I could really wish for nothing more.

I smelled the flowers and immediately delighted that I can't help smiling on my own.

I looked up from where I stood and was greeted by the silhouette of a man. He peered at me and another figure of a man showed up, his lover, I suppose.

"C'mon," the smaller man said, with a note of uneasiness in his voice, "Let's get out of here."

And they started to walk away, obviously distrustful of the distinctness of my actions.

It hadn't rain in months and everything was shrunken and yellow. I walked over a rise into a shallow arroyo. Across the street were dandellions and sunflowers under a cluster of tall trees.

The ones vivid Hawaiian sky was once again pale and nearly dark.

It has been three months since Camila and I left Miami and I never felt so contented in my life before. Camila just fill me up and there's nothing else I could wish for than having her in my life forever. I know that life in this world is never easy but our love for each other keep us alive, as cheezy as it sounds I'm really just thankful that I have Camila. Of course I still have those pills I have been taking my whole life but I think that Camila's the only medicine that keeps me sane. She makes me better every single day and she never stopped taking care of me which is one thing I am very thankful of.

Now that we're here, I can't let her down anymore. Non of the nightmares we had will be happening any time soon or any time in the future bacause I will make sure to hold it all together for Camila.

"Camz I'm home, I got something for you!" I exclaimed as soon as I closed the door. I just went home from the surfing event where I part time as a photographer. I placed the bag of groceries on the kitchen table, took off my jacket and placed it on a seat.

"Where are you Camz?" I called out and looked everywhere for Camila but she was nowhere to be found, that's when my heart began to beat faster, agitated that Camila might got caught or worst, changed her mind and went back to her family. I clumsily reached for my back pocket and took my phone, my hands were shaking as I dialed my girlfriend's number but she wasn't answering.

"Surprise!!" Camila's cheerful voice suddenly wanged off, causing me to jump on my skin and suddenly twist, facing the cause of my temporary fear.

"Happy birthday to you," she started singing with a cake on her hands."happy birthday to you, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday Lauren."

I chuckled as I watched the beautiful smile on Camila's face.

"Make a wish!" she cheerfully said.

"Uhm what do I wish? I can't wish for anything more, you're already here." I playfully said as we both shared a grim look.

"uhh, why don't you wish for something else? Come on." she said.

"Fine." I rolled my eyes and sighed loudly as I crinkled my nose and thought of something to wish for. It's true I can't wish for anything more since Camila's already right next to me so I decided to wish that this would last forever. I know it's a little selfish and unfair for our families but if being away from them is the reprimand of our happiness, then it's fine with us. At back of my mind, I do hope one day, they would all understand Camila and I and accept our relationship.