Chapter Four- Rising from the Ground

Lauren's POV

We've all been hurt in some way.
We all have our struggles and challenges. We can't always control what happens but we can control our response. We can choose the role of victim---focusing on blame, anger, and resentment. Or we can choose the role of victor--- seeking support, healing our wounds, retrieveing power, moving forward stronger and wiser than before. When we choose to become victors, we're also choosing to become both students and teachers of our own experiences. We're making it a goal to discover all the powerful lessons learned, then choosing to share our wisdom with as many as we can so we can be of service in empowering others ro move forward as well.

I just read this thing called Bounce Back Book by Karen Salmansohn and I smiled to myself, realizing how accurate these lines are to my life story, to the struggles and heartaches I have been through.

It has been four years since Camila got married, since the day I decided to actually put my life together and move forward without her, her touch, her beautiful innocent mind and enticing smile. It may be have been years but it was hard to forget the things that happened especially when it's the most important and beautiful things that ever happened to me.

I was holding grip of the key to our little apartment back in Hawaii. I made it into a pendant where I can place it close to my heart, close to where it belongs so I can never forget the times I was genuinely happy and excited about life, when I can still laugh really hard about a stupid joke Camila just threw, when I can still hold her close and give her little kisses, when life was easy and lovely. I want to drift down into that sea of memories no matter how many times, I would never get tired of it, it would never get old cause those are the memories of us, our tragic yet magical love story. I sniffed as hot tears fell off my face under New York city skyline but I was violently interrupted by the sliding door opening.

"Lauren, we have been looking for you." Bea said in a worried voice.

"Sorry, I just thought of breathing some fresh air." I said, trying to compose myself but she looked at me as if reading my face.

"Have you been crying again?" she asked, looking at me sympathetically.

"Um not really." I said, forcing a little smile but she narrowed her eyes, inspectioning my face and slowly shook her head.

"Liar." she muttered. "I can see your bloodshot eyes, Jauregui, you can't fool me."

I chuckled from her pursaution.

"I'm just excited." I told her but as what I can see on her face, she wasn't satisfied with my answer at all. She was about to rebut my statement but my stage manager interrupted.

"Girls! the show's about to start, we need the make up artist and the artist. Come on, double time!" he exclaimed, making us jump and just followed him out the glass doors. Bea and I walked close together down the empty hallways and into the make up room. We were greeted by my family's happy faces while funny stories and laughters echoing across the room. As soon as Bea finished my make up and the hair and wardrobe team have done an absolutely good job, I started to walk my way up the stage where I can loudly hear the uproar of the crowd, patiently waiting for my appearance. One of the staffs gave me the microphone and I thanked her as she wished me goodluck. And there was another hand brushing my back.

"You ready Jauregui?" my record producer/mentor  asked.

"Yup, performing in front of 90,000 people, no big deal, Ms. Lovato." I said, trying to hide the anxiousness I feel and loudly sighed.

"That's what I like about you." she said, tapping my back. I turned to fully face her direction and wrapped my arms around her.

"Goodluck munchkin, kick some ass." she said after kissing my cheek.