Chapter Ten- Vengence is a Must

Gray looked at me as if I was the filthiest woman in the world. I knew if only we were alone in the room, he could have slap me and make my mouth bleed.

"Are you happy now for causing this mess, Karla? You're such a disgrace." He said and I refused looking at him. He flashed a look of disgust, I knew I should not feel guilty but his stare just made me want the ground to swallow me alive. I knew I shouldn't let his words get into me but it's just inevitable when he make me feel like shit like every minute. And he finally decided to sprint off and left alone. My knees were shaking. I felt so small, not because of his words, but because I can't even take Lauren's side on this. I can't even support her decision of showing up to my family. I ran down the hallways and locked myself in my room. I was breathless. And weak.

"Idiot! Idiot!"

I started pounding my hands on my head, I was gritting my teeth, I looked like a mess. I felt like a mess. I felt so useless. Piece of shit.

"Fucking idiot!"

And there was a hard knock on the door, as if the people behind would punch me in the face as soon as I open the door. I decided to open it anyway, revealing granpa, grandma, mami and papi. They literally looked like lions, looking at their prey.

"Karla, what is that girl doing here? Did you invite her? Have you been seeing her again?" Grandpa asked calmly but dangerously. I knew he was a timebomb waiting to explode.

"I didn't invite her." I answered, lowering my head.

"That bastard, she doesn't really know how to distance herself." Grandpa said, his hands were quivering, his eyes were dazzling in anger and my ears burnt.

"Grandpa, why are you still all steamed up to see her?" I said in annoyance. They're just so pointless. "It has been years and I'm married."

"Yes but she can do anything, she could just snatch you away again and leave."

I smirked. "Is that why you're so afraid of her? You're terrified that she would take back what she lost." It wasn't merely an assumption. It was the truth and I could see their face heating up in disappointment.

"Are you cheating to your husband for your ex gir- lover?" Grandma asked, obviously very uncomfortable in saying that I have an 'ex girlfriend'.

"No." I lied bluntly. They looked like they didn't believe me but they had no choice.

"If you're lying, we won't hesitate to take that girl away just like what we did before." Grandpa said, he looked serious and heartless. Monstrous. They started trailing out the door and papi shot me a look that I wasn't sure if he's on my side or not. He was neutral, I guess. Always standing in the middle. But I can't blame him. He's just one of the victims of this emotional bondage.

I don't know what's on Lauren's mind or if she's just suicidal again but it's crazy how she's serious on taking her vengence. When she talked to Gray, I was so close to losing my shit but her presence alone brought back my sanity.

I sat on the arm chair and covered my face with my palm. I was starting to think about the possibilities. Of how this would turn out.

"Aren't you suppose to be outside with your cousins?" Gray's voice said, making me jump on my skin. He smirked. A devilish smile that I'm not a fan of, I know he's up to torture me again. He stirred the the glass of brandy he was holding. "That bitch is seriously getting on my nerves. She's a fucking slut." he said. His words for Lauren was beginning to burn my ears. "She's just fooling the whole world with her cute and sweet facade but in reality, she's this heartless home wrecker." He took a sip of his drink and this time, I gave him a devil glare. And what do you call yourself? A saint? I almost blurted out but stopped myself by biting my tongue. To be honest, our only mistake was that we love each other too much that we could disobey the rules and promise of marriage. We may be called criminals but all these melts down on one thing: love. The one thing that's missing in this four years of marriage. And from the very start, nothing really make any sense between Gray and I. We were just married on papers, we were just doing the things a couple does but there's always something that's missing. Always something that makes me sit on my spot by the window, looking out, waiting for something I wasn't really sure what. Always making me so incomplete. And now that Lauren's here, I can't ignore the fact that I knew all along that she's the one I have been waiting for. She's the one that makes me complete. She's the one.