Chapter Nine- Go, Get Your Girl

The next day, I was in our usual spot in a cafè with my bestfriends.

"What should I do now?" I asked them, looking so troubled.

"It's wrong to keep your relationship with Lauren." Ally said. I have been trying to keep myself calm but miseribly failing.

"It's also wrong to stay with someone you doesn't really love" Dinah said, gaining everyone's attention. "and as we know him, he would force you again and beat you up if you won't sleep with him and it would happen over and over again if you won't let go of him."

Mani looked at me sympathetically and wrapped me in her arms. My head was messier, I still can't seem to weigh things out and decide for myself.

When I went home that night, he was in our room, drunk and horny. And I was scared and weak.

Lo: Hey can we meet tonight? I'm home alone, everyone went back to New York. I miss you already. xo

Half past eleven when I read a message from Lauren. I looked at Gray's side of the bed and he was past asleep. I forced myself to get up, my muscles were sore, my back hurts. I looked for my underwear and clothes scattered on the floor and threw them on the laundry. I decided to rammage on my closet and looked for decent clothes to put on. I settled on a ripped jeans and a band shirt. I didn't even bother fixing my hair and exited the door, making sure he won't wake up.

I greeted her with a long hug as soon as she opened the door. She noticed how sad I looked even if I tried so hard to hide it.

"What's wrong?" She asked. I refused looking at her eyes out of shame but she made me.

"I-I declined hooking up with him but he was mad and he forced me." I quietly said. She looked at me with a combination of disbelief and sympathy. She took my arm with bruises and kissed the part that's painful. She also lifted my chin and saw my bruised lips and kissed it as gently as she could. Slowly and sweetly as possible. From that moment, she didn't give me more lectures. She didn't say anything. She just wrapped me in her arms and asked me to take a rest. That's what I needed the most. My haven. Her arms. Her warmth and I'm contented. Peaceful. I'm finally home.

It was half past one in the morning, I was half asleep, I can't seem to close my eyes. I was just watching her as she breathe easily. I was thinking what I have done to deserve this moment. To deserve her. And I was thinking of the ways how to give back and if I could ever give back the kind of love she deserves. No obstacles, no drama. Just us, loving each other. Taking care of each other. Breathing in the world as if we own it.

She would always ask me to meet if I could sneak out and I always show up with bruises and marks on my face that I try so hard to conceal in the morning for anyone from the office or any member of my family not to notice. Lauren swear she wanted to punch him on the face but I asked her to stop. We were cuddled up in her bed. Our legs intertwined.

"Why don't you file a divorce, you have grounds now?" she suggested. But I was thinking about how would this affect Martina. And I can't see her get hurt.

There's another way she knew she could make me better. A lot better indeed. She held me closer and started to hum to Taylor Swift's Never Grow Up playing softly on her ipod until she can't help belting out the lyrics while she play absentmindedly with my hair.

Saturday morning. A non-working day. Gray went to the airport early to take a flight to Phoenix for a one-day convention. I was in a breakfast table with Martina and Sofi when Lauren texted.
L: Hey, how are you? I've been doing something that I'm sure could capture your interest and I kind of need your help. Can you come home tomorrow? Only if you like. :)