His Cold Heart

It's finally time for me to leave this room. I just want to leave, but this could be a chance to make Zane a better person. I know deep inside that I can make Zane a better person. I know it'll be hard...but it'll be worth it...just to see that cold heart melt.

I jumped out of the bed and opened the door, it was a bit creakier than before but I didn't really care. As I looked out I saw Zane's door opened prompting that he left already. I decided not to look in, perhaps a guard would've found me and told me to move on or something. I walked down the hall slowly realizing...where the Irene is the dining room?

"Aphmau," a faint voice said sounding like Garroth's.

"Garroth...?" I said while I looked behind me, oh...It was Garroth.

"Are you okay, did something happen? You looked frightened," Garroth said still in the Ok'hasis guard uniform. I guess I've been trying to focus on Zane and such that I haven't noticed the sweat dripping from my forehead.

"No, I'm fine, Garroth do you think there is light in Zane?"

"Umm...Why do you ask?"

"Hmm...no reason, Garroth where is the dining room?" I said to him.

Garroth then lead the way to the dining room, while I was slowly drifting off more and more. Why did Garroth hesitate when I asked him? Does he not even see light in his own brother? I would think Garroth more than anybody would see light in his brother...maybe I was wrong...

"Aphmau, are you okay?" Garroth said watching me stand in place blankly next to the door to the dining room.

"Wha? Oh...I'm okay...just thinking," I jumped when he spoke.

"If there's anything you need just tell me," Garroth seemed worried when he spoke.

Yeah, I do need help. I need help uncovering Zane's light and recovering his heart.

"I will, thank you Garroth," I said before Garroth walked off.

I took breaths and walked in the dining room. I could smell burnt food and hear faint yelling. The dining room was nice, I guess. The walls were a light gold paint and the floors were spruce wood planks. There was a long table which had a dozen of seats, that were a dark oak wood and had light golden cushions. Also a large window which could blind millions. I saw Zane sitting at the table looking provoked. Then I looked around seeing a door which lead to the kitchen.

"WHY ARE ALL THE FOOD YOU MAKE BURNT SO FAR!?!?!?!" I heard a voice say.

"I DON'T KNOW, I'VE NEVER HAD TO MAKE...WHAT AM I EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE MAKING?!?!?!?" Another voice said.

"I DON'T KNOW EITHER! I THOUGHT YOU KNEW!"

"I wonder how Aphmau will think of this...?"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I FORGOT APHMAU IS HERE, AND SHE IS GOING TO HAVE TO EAT THIS!" The voice sounded familiar...Laurance?

I took a seat trying to ignore the loud voices which I'm pretty sure they were trying to whisper. Zane still looked annoyed and was mumbling to himself.

"I just wanted this is be nice...," Zane mumbled.

"...Did you try to make this nice for me?" I asked.

"Uh...NO I THOUGHT I WOULD TORTURE YOU WITH THIS BURNT FOOD BY YOUR GUARDS!"

"...I bet...,"

"Do you not believe me?"

"...Oh...I believe every word you say," I said which seemed to end the conversation.

To be honest...I find it cute he was, I guess, trying to impress me...maybe his heart is thawing just a bit.

~#KissAlready~