One and Only (Zane's View)

~1 Week Later~

After the incident, Aphmau has seemed to lose joy...I don't blame her. It's hard to lose two of the people you trust the most in one day.  She's of course getting better, I've been trying to cheer her up for a while now. I'm worried about her, but she claims she's alright...even though I know she isn't. But I won't stop until I know she's alright...I hate to see her unhappy.

Laurance and Garroth were buried in Phoenix Drop. Aphmau and I swore we would never tell anyone about what happened. They were buried known as heroes, nothing less.

We questioned Dante sometime after, he claimed to know nothing. I didn't believe him, but Aphmau did...so we let him go. We had a guard go missing prior to the events, according to Dante. He said he went by the name of Derp, but his real name was Ross. The thing is...I never had a guard named Ross or Derp...Dante must've been mistaken. Or perhaps insane....

"Hey, Aphmau!" I said as I knocked on the door.

No response.

"Aphmau please..." I whispered.

Once I said that, she opened the door and ran up to me. She pulled me in an embrace.

"It's going to be alright..." I whispered as I ran my hand through her hair, whilst hugging her back.

"...I love you," Aphmau whispered as she tried to hold back her tears.

"I love you too," I replied hugging her even tighter.

With that, the children looked at me. Malachi stared at me for a bit and smiled. I think I finally gained his trust...Levin...I have no clue.

All I know is this...I'm never going to let her go.

I'm always going to be there for her. I want to be there for her.

Because I love her. And she loves me back.