Don't Let Go

The neighbors had heard the fighting and called the police. The police show up and arrested Sam and is taken into custody. Danny had only knocked him unconscious and Jessica is taken to the hospital. They take photos of her face and all the bruises that covered her body. Her eyes are black and one has closed shut; she also has a cut lip. After the photos are taken, the doctor begins to clean her up. She flinches a bit. She gets a few stitches on her lip.
After the doctor was done, they heard a knock on the door, "Ms. Lange, I need to get your statement of the events for our police report."  says a young police officer.
Jessica breaths in, "I don't want to do this."
But knows she needs to get this over with.
She starts from the beginning; by the time she is down she is beyond exhausted.
"Thank you for your statement Ms. Lange." the police officer tips his head and leaves the room.
Danny walks in and gently hugs Jessica.
"They said their gonna release you from the hospital soon. Tonight we can rent a hotel room if you like?"
Jessica nods her head.
"Okay my love." he gives her a light kiss on the top of her head afraid of kissing her anywhere else. He didn't want for hurt her anymore than she already is.
Before Jessica gets released, Danny goes to the apartment to pack some clothes for both of them. She gets released at 2 am and they head to the hotel they are staying at. When they get to their room Jessica takes off her sunglasses and hat; she didn't care if the receptionist looked at her lie she was crazy. The last thing she needed was to be recognized and have the paparazzi find her. She puts on her pajamas in silence. Danny wants nothing more than to hold her in his arms but he's afraid she'll push him away. He also gets into his pajamas and sits on the edge of the bed. Jessica lays down facing away from Danny. She closes her eyes and thinks to herself, "I can't push Danny away. I love him too much."
"Danny?"
"Yes baby?"
"Hold me."
Danny gets under the covers and hugs her.
"Don't let go. Don't ever let me go Danny!" she says as she begins to cry.
"Shhhh! Jess, don't cry. I'm here, I will NEVER let you go." He says.
He lets Jessica cry it out. Soon she starts to quiet down. She finally falls asleep while Danny stays awake. "I should have been home sooner. I should have told that producer to fuck himself when he was late. If it wasn't for that damn meeting I would have been there and that piece of shit wouldn't have hurt her!" Danny blames himself.
He has trouble falling asleep. It wasn't till 4 am that he dozes off.

Sorry for this being a short chapter! I hope you all are liking this story. Please leave comments letting know what you all think of it so far.