Christmas Dinner

*17 weeks pregnant*
It was December and Jessica and Danny were planning Christmas dinner. They invited Sarah, Lily, Sarah's mom Catherine and Danny's sister Anjelica. Danny was cooking for everyone and wouldn't let Jessica help.
"Danny, let me help!"
"No, Jess, please I want you to sit and relax."
Jessica rolled her eyes, smiled and said, "Fine."

She walks into the living room and sits on the sofa and puts her hand on her belly. She began to finally feel a little movement from the baby but no one else could feel it yet through her stomach. She told Danny what it felt like when he had asked her.
"It feels like...a flutter. Like butterflies flying around in there."  She didn't know how else to describe it.
They were also excited for Jessica's 20 week doctors appointment, three more weeks and they will be able to find out the baby's gender. They decided to have a gender reveal party.

Jessica was lost in her thoughts when the door bell rang.
"I'll get it!" she yells to Danny.
Jessica opens the door, "Hello Anjelica! Come in!"
Anjelica walks through the door and gives Jessica a hug. "Hi Jessica! Oh my, you look amazing! May I?"
"Sure!" Jessica laughs.
Anjelica touches Jessica's baby bump, "Awe, I can't wait to meet my niece or nephew!"
Ever since Jessica and Danny made it official, she and Anjelica became close and would talk on the phone every other day.

They walk into the kitchen. "How's my baby brother doing!?" Anjelica says.
"Hey sis!" Danny says and give Anjelica a hug. "Dinner will be ready in thirty minutes."
"Great! We are starving!" said Jessica as she placed her hand on her growing baby bump. Now that her morning sickness was gone, Jessica's appetite was now back to normal.
Jessica and Anjelica walk into the living room to wait for dinner. Jessica was about to sit down when the door bell rang again. She walks over to open it.
"Hi Jess!" says Sarah giving Jessica a hug.
"Hey Jess!" says Lily
"Hello Jessica." Catherine said.
"Welcome everyone. Come in! Dinner is about ready." Said Jessica.
As they all sit in the living room Sarah says "Hey Jess, Lily and I want to ask you something."
"Okay, sure!"
"Would you be our maid of honor!?"
"Of course!!!!!!" Jessica says as Lily and Sarah give her a hug.
Jessica begins to cry.
"Awe Jess! Why are crying?" Lily asked feeling shocked.
"I'm...sorry. I'm so happy for you both and you ask me...to be y'alls maid of honor!" Jessica responded through sobs. Her hormones were all over the place and Jessica had been really emotional these past few weeks.
As they sit, they all talk about the Jessica's wedding and also Lily's and Sarah's wedding.

"Dinner is ready." Danny says walking into the living room.
"Do you need any help with anything Danny?" Catherine asks.
"Oh no not at all. Thank you. I have everything already set."

They all walk over into the dining room and all the women were amazed. Danny had set the table and had all the food ready to be served.
"Oh my!"says Anjelica. "Baby brother! This is so wonderful!"
"Wow Jess! You are one lucky lady!" Catherine chimes in.
Tears rolled down Jessica's face as she gives Danny a hug and lays her head on his chest.
"Oh Danny, you are a dream come true!"
"Anything for you my love." he says and gives Jessica a kiss. "And for you all wonderful ladies." he says looking up at them.
"Damn, if I swung for the other team, I would hope to find a man like you Danny!" Lily says.
"Is that so?" says Sarah giving Lily a smirk.
Lily puts her arms around Sarah and gives her a kiss. "Well, we all know you don't have to worry that Hun."
They all laugh and sat down around the table. As Jessica looked around the table at everyone she now called her family, she thought to herself about how much she had overcome. She was glad she had brought down her wall and allowed Danny in.