Eventful breakfast

Sitting at our table with Gaston, in front if me, watching how Isabelle showed Samantha everything the buffet had, both of them with a huge smile, almost felt as if we were a family. Which is the most idiotic thing I had ever thought.

But as this strange girl, I had never expected to find, smiles so innocently and full of happiness at something simple, like a big breakfast, I don't know if that is completely true.

She acted as if there was nothing evil in life, nothing that could make living horrible, but I could see that she knew about the dangers hidden into the shadows. It is something demons can sense, we can feel which souls are still innocent and which have been tainted, the latter ones are easier to lure and to break even more.

However, hers is different. Even after being hurt so many times, she still keeps on going and sees the good in life. But I guess that is something she must do, or she would have gone insane a long time ago.

"I cannot understand that girl" commented Gaston, then I knew that I wasn't the only one that notice her different soul.

Who am I kidding? Surely every demon was capable of noticing the same things I saw, but only a few thought that mattered for something. The rest just saw it as a weakness or plainly didn't care, cause she was human and they are only toys or food for us.

"I get tour frustration, Gaston" I replied.

And I really did. What did she mean by 'for the same reason you offered me breakfast'? I asked myself in my head. The reason why I asked her to join us, was because I wanted to know the plan of Azazel... or did I have another reason?

"This is amazing!" Samantha's voice brought me back from my thoughts "Thank you for inviting me, Crowley" she flashed me a grateful smile, as she sat beside me. From the corner of my eye I could see Isabelle taking the place next to Gaston "At the end you never answered me" the strange girl continued talking "Are you here for business? Or you live here?".

"Business" I answered with my typical I-know-things-you-don't smile "What about you? Las Vegas doesn't seem to be your type of place".

"On that you are right" she replied, gaze drifting to her plate before taking a bite from her chocolate croissant. You have to love French hotels "My dad and brother... they came here for work as well".

"Do held any grudge against your family?" Gaston asked her "I can easily hear the rage in your voice when you mention your father and brother".

"You are allowed to be angry with your family when they leave you all alone forthree days, without even calling once. And when they do, they ask you to maketheir research for the whole night while they are out getting drunk and havingsex. Not even thanking you for all the hard work you did and forgetting that itwas your sweet sixteenth birthday" she answered angrily, jaw clenching "So yes Gaston, I held grudges against my family. A family that ruined my life by dragging me all around the country, not letting me have the normal life ever wanted. A family that force me to follow their way of living, without trying to accept my choices of life. A family where one loathes me, for no reason known, and other one has his head way up his ass, that doesn't see that I need him" with each word she spoke I got more surprised than before. Her life, her pain... are so similar to mine when I was human "I... I have those the restroom. Excuse me" she said before standing up and walking out of the room.

"Well done Gaston" Isabelle said sarcastically.

But I didn't pay attention, I just stood up and followed her out, she was sitting on a small sofa at the lobby. She was breathing deeply and repeatedly, surely trying to stop a panic attack. I made my way towards her slowly, making sure not to startle her. I sat next to her, the sofa was so small that our knees touched (not that I noticed that) and waited until she calmed down.

"Better?" I asked, once she seemed more relax, and offered her a glass of orange juice, I made appear without her noticing.

"Yeah, thanks" she said, taking the offered glass with a grateful smile "Sorry for that. Like I told you I tend to avoid strangers, you never know who is a bad guy" If you only knew, I thought "And I would never open up or react like I did over there, with so much familiarity. It's just that...".

"You couldn't stand it anymore" I interrupted her "Everything you maintained inside of you, to make things easier for your family and try to make everyone happy, finally got the best of you" it wasn't a question, it was a statement cause I knew the feeling "It happened to me too" I told her "Mom was a mean bitch and my father could have cared less about me. But the difference between you and me is that your family would do anything for you, even after all the hurt they implicated on you".

Those words were true, I knew that they were true. The Winchester family has gained their fame among the supernatural society, as the most fearful hunter family since the Campbell. There are three integrants: the leader (John Winchester), the talent (Dean Winchester) and the brains (Samantha Winchester). It took me some time to figure it out, but this strange girl is the smartest hunter alive. Or at least that is what rumors say.

But even though they are great hunters, everyone knew the weakness of every member... family. That is why I knew that this girl would be fine. That is why I knew that the only way to convince her to make a deal with me, wouldn't be to get away from her father and brother but to save them.

Not that I wanted to make a deal with her, what surprised me. I just talked to her cause I wanted to make her feel better. What is wrong with me?! I asked myself inside my head.

"And yours wouldn't?" I chuckled humorlessly and darkly at her question.

A question asked so softly, as if she was afraid it would break me or affect my feelings. If you only knew I went through hell, I laughed inside my head, Then you would know that this, is nothing to me.

"They would have been the ones to kill me, not try to defend me from being killed" I told her.

I didn't notice I have been spacing out, submerged into the world of memories, until I felt Samantha's arms wrapping around me. I stiffed immediately, ready to defend myself from any attack.