The plan

"Aliens? Really?! This is how low humans had fallen to get entertainment?" I thought out loud, while Moose and I were exiting the movie theater. We were still munching the popcorns that we couldn't finish during the film "How can anyone like such a fictional story like that one?".

Going out the two of us together, sometimes with Gaston and Isabelle too, had turned into a familiar routine of the last two weeks. I would join her whenever she went to the library to do homework, investigate for her family or simply read for enjoyment and sit next to her with a good book on my hands. Those sessions would always end up with a discussion of what author is the best for each gender or sharing about the books we read or simply comparing our believes of philosophy. There would be moments that I couldn't go to the library with her, because I had deals to make or clean the mess that some stupid demon left, so I would take Moose to my hotel room and leave her there until I could return.

Reading wasn't the only thing that we did. We also had dinner, at least three times a week. And on weekends I took her to the different shows that Las Vegas had, which she normally wouldn't be allowed to watch cause she was underage. But it didn't matter where we went or what we did, we always had a good time and I was able to get to know her much better. On the other hand, she also got to know things about me that I was planning to hide from her.

As well, those weird feelings that I had been having since I met Moose had been amplifying each time I meet her. I tried everything to make them go away: torturing people, having sex with every single willing (and not willing) human (or supernatural creature) that caught my eye, making a lot of deals, obsessing over the plans of taking the crown of hell and advancing greatly on them.... but nothing helped. Moose had gotten under my skin and wasn't leaving anytime soon. The worst part of it all, is that I don't want her to go at all. Cause I think that I am one of the exceptions, like Gaston and Isabelle. That I had finally found the one, I didn't know, I was waiting for. I believe that Samantha is my true mate.

"I liked it" Moose commented with an amused smile.

I felt better when I saw her smile, it was the first time in the whole day and I was the that caused that which made me feel even better. The problem was that earlier today, while we were having breakfast, Samantha's father called her to tell her that they were staying another week cause the creature had turned humans into one of them and they had to hunt them all down. Which left Moose very disappointed and had a bad day at school, even though today she had all the classes she likes the best. So I invited her to see the Fifth Wave, knowing that she read two of the three books and was waiting for the third one to get out, so I could make her feel better. Luckily it was friday and tomorrow she doesn't have school, other she wouldn't have accepted.

"You only like it because of Evan and Cassie" I replied scoffing "Cause they symbolize all you believe on, equality and acceptance. He changed for the best because she taught him best and she accepted what he was even after all the pain his kind inflicted on her and her family".

"You know me quite well" she said softly, watching me attentively "You are very good at your job... or just want to know your mate better so she would accept you".

"Both" I answered with a winning smirk but then stopped frozen on my track, after analyzing what she had just said "What in heaven?!".

"You shouldn't let a precious papyrus laying around your room just like it was nothing. You know how much those things attract me and how curious I am" she commented with a sly smirk and amusement shinning on her eyes "It looks like I am able to read ancient demonic languages thanks to Azazel's blood, it seems like it is hardwired in my brain".

"You know everything" it wasn't a question, it was a statement cause I wasn't stupid enough to believe otherwise "And you still hang around us, me?".