Settling in

Jolene^^^

I was a hundred percent serious when I said I was going to stay here. I sat through the Alpha meetings with my father like I had originally planned and I stayed in the room that I had been assigned for the time that the Alpha meetings were going on. I didn't get much out of the Alpha meetings because I was too busy paying attention to my mate who didn't seem to notice that all I was doing was staring at him. Granted he didn't seem to be paying much attention to what was going on at the meetings, but with him wearing those mysterious sunglasses all the time it was hard to tell just what he was doing.

I did try to pay attention, but my wolf had a weird way of trying to get me to make a fool of myself by making me focus on him. The thoughts she would put into my head were nothing like anything I had ever thought about anyone before. Though that's not saying much, I've been pretty good compared to most girls my age. I stayed away from boys, I knew that I was going to meet my mate one day and I chose to save everything that we would share to be just for him. Yes, that means I haven't had my first kiss yet. I just thought if my mate was my first for everything it wouldn't cause any problems, he'd have no reason to even thing about rejecting me.

I didn't broadcast this around, I just didn't exactly tell anyone about it either. This was something personal and I didn't want to have anyone try to convince me otherwise.

Though we didn't really spend any time together the next three days I knew that it wasn't a big deal. Once everyone left it would be our time to get to know each other and for our journey to really start. I know, its super cheesy but this is something I have dreamed about since I was a little girl, this was my fairytale.

Finally, the day arrived that my parents were leaving. I got up and packed my things back into my suitcase so that I can move to a different room once everyone was gone. Once I was done I met my parents at their room and helped them finish packing. My mother seemed to be a weeping mess but she was trying her hardest to keep it from me. My father was doing the typical man thing of not acknowledging what was going on.

Once they were packed we grabbed their things and headed down to the car which was parked out front since they were the last ones to leave. I put the bag of my mothers that I had into the trunk and turned and waited for them to finish putting their things into the car.

My mother took her time, but eventually they were done and waiting by the car looking at me, almost like they couldn't believe that now was the time that they had to say goodbye.

My mother slowly came twords me and wrapped me in a big hug and started to sniffle.

"If you ever want to come home you just call okay." She said.

"Of course mama, I won't always be gone you can come to visit me and I'll come visit soon." I said with a tight smile when she pulled away from me.

My mother seemed to not be able to handle herself and turned and headed to the car. My father stepped up and hugged me next.

"Don't ever forget to call if you need anything or if Alpha Holden steps even a pinky toe out of line."

"Of course Daddy I'll always call, and you'll be the first to know if that ever happens." I said with a reassuring smile.

He pats me on the back and headed for the car. I took a few steps back and watched as they left. A lone tear left my eye but I didn't let anymore fall. This was the start to my new life. I was not going to allow myself to dwell on this. It was sad sure, but this was supposed to be the start of something better and I had to keep that in mind.

I turned back towards the house and found Alpha Holden standing by the front door just waiting. I smiled at him slightly and walked towards him.

Once I got close to him he slightly reaches out and touches the back of my hand, in a timid comforting way.

"Are you still sure that you want to go through with this, you can still go home if you want to." He said softly.

"I told you I was a hundred percent sure that I wanted to stay and I still mean it. I might of shed A tear, but I know the moon goddess put us together for a reason and I'm not going to not try just because I don't want to leave my parents. They can visit, and maybe, one day we can go visit them." I said reminding myself that this is what's supposed to happen. This is my fairytale.

The corner of his mouth lifted slightly. I couldn't help but stare at him in awe.

"Jolene will show you to your new room, if there is anything you would like that isn't already in there then please let her know and she will gladly get it for you, dinner will be at five on the back deck and I would love for you to join me." He said kindly.

I turned and saw that there was a lady who wasn't much older than me standing just inside the front door, who must have been Jolene.

"I'll see you at dinner then." I said looking him in his sunglasses and patting his hand kindly to let him know that I had no resentment or hard feelings about anything.

I followed Jolene who lead me up the staircase to the third floor. There were only three doors on the floor. The first one was all the way at the end of the hall and you could tell that it must have been Alpha Holden's room from the way the door was. We walked to the door that was the closest to Holden's.

Jolene opened the door and lead me into the room, which was so beautiful that I almost forgot to breath.

"I hope you like the room, Alpha had me and a few others ask your parents what you like and set it up so that you would be comfortable here." She said with a smile.

"This is even better than my room back home." Was all I was able to get out of my mouth.

"Your mother made sure to check it out before she left to make sure we had gotten everything, but if you happen to notice that we missed anything please let me know. On the desk is a map of the house with each room on it. Alpha Holden was very insistent that we let you know that you are allowed to go anywhere you want, but just knock on his bedroom door and his office first before entering."

I smiled at how kind the thought was that he was trying to make me feel like I was at home. I had a feeling that this wasn't going to be too horrible.