It's all alright

I ran through the trees following the scent of the disgusting mutt who had caused my mate harm. I could tell that we were gaining on him by the way his scent was becoming more distinctive from the mutt giving up being careful and just trying to out run us and get away from here. My wolf smiled at the knowledge that we were going to scare this mutt before we could get our paws on him. I ducked down my snout and pushed even harder, wanting to end this once and for all.

I broke through some trees and ended up at a clearing where I could see the wolf just a few feet in front of me and I jumped closing the last bit of distance between us and landing on his back, hearing his wolf cry out from the sudden surprise.

I growled telling the mutt not to make a single move waiting for Jaxon and Jaydon to make it here.

When you get out in the clearing I want you to shift back and hold this mutt. We need to get some answers.

No sooner had I said that did they bust out of the trees and shift holding down the mutt by his scruff and Jaxon placed his foot on his hind end making sure he couldn't go anywhere.

I shifted back and stood in front of him listening to the scattered Scared breathing from the dog as he finally figured out who I was.

"Shift!" I commanded in my Alpha tone that not even filthy rogues like this one could defy a command.

I heard him whimper and the cracking of his bones before his breathing became even more scattered because he was no longer in the protection of his wolf form.

"Who are you and why did you attack my mate!" I commanded.

"I'm just a messenger of Lynal's! He told me to do worse than just stab her but I didn't want to! He told me that if I didn't worse things would happen to my mate! I'm sorry Alpha!" He cowered.

I could hear the fear in his voice as it rang with honesty, but it didn't make me any less angry even though I could understand where he was coming from. I growled when I started to think of this Lynal and what his reasons were for wanting to send me this "message".

Alpha! The Luna is awake!

Doc's voice rang through my head cutting off any other thoughts that I had.

"She's awake we need to get back to the pack house." He said in a clipped tone. "Grab the mutt and make him come with, I'll figure out what to do with him soon enough."

Jaxon and Jaydon grabbed ahold of one of his arms each and lifted him up so that even his feet couldn't touch the ground and started to run back to the pack house with him. Holden shifted into his big black wolf and started running behind them, quickly catching up to and passing them.

His thoughts were only on his mate and how she was. He couldn't bring himself to think about the possibility of her being severely hurt or anything close to it. He hoped that it was something small and that she would heal from it quickly.

It didn't take long for him to make it to the pack house, the sight of it bringing a slight relief to him as he drew closer to it with each long stride.

He busted through the back doors heading to the hospital wing. People were jumping out of his way before he could even realize that they were there to begin with, which he was grateful for, he didn't want people to get the boot of his anger, it wasn't the packs fault this happened.

Once he made it to the clinic area he could smell Holidays scent, so he just followed it to one of the more private rooms that were used for wolves that were having a hard time controlling themselves, even though Holiday didn't need to be here he was happy to have the privacy and quiet that these rooms brought.

He found the exact door that lead to her room and walked through it, making sure that his sunglasses were secured on his face and feeling himself to make sure that he had clothes on too so that he wouldn't surprise her after everything that had just happened, he didn't think she was ready to see him naked just yet.

Opening the door, he heard her take in a breath when she saw that he was at the door. He quickly shut the door behind him and walked quickly over to her side and reached out for her hand. His wolf was constantly pacing in his head, waiting to find out just how horrible the outcome of the attack was. He needed to be assured that she was okay, even if he could only get to hold her had that was going to have to cut it for him.

She handed him her hand and squeezed it assuring him that she was alright, it was like an unspoken conversation that assured him greatly that she was okay.

The door opened and the scent of the doctor glided into the room. Holden perked up and looked towards the door where the doctor was standing. He didn't since anything coming from the doctor that said that it was going to be a bad diagnosis.

"Alpha, we have great news, it seems like the Luna has a guardian angel, the knife only went deep enough to leave a scare, nothing was injured in the process. If the Luna stays off her feet and stays relaxed for a day or two in bed, everything will heal nicely." The doctor said happily.

"Oh thank god." Holden accidently said out loud.

"What, did you think that I was going to die? Can't you just see that there's nothing wrong with me or do I really look that crappie?" Holiday giggled.

Holden froze at her words. He was going to have to tell her now. He sighed.

"Holiday, I have to tell you something."

n