Chapter 2; Whitechapel, 1888

A/N: More this n more Jacob and probably more heartbreak for you all. Sorry - I'll still make up for all this destroying of your emotions in later chapters where I shall write you some dank ass smut ;) okay- here we go...

----

Thunder clapped ominously in the thick grey clouds that shadowed the starry canvas above, the rain's relentless pattering the only noise that emanated in the dark of night, as you closed in on your local train station.

The once white picket fences and station office were now chipped and distained with years of wear, the honey suckle that had always grown through the fence was now dried up and wilted- the place had lost its charm, especially in the dead of a cold, rainy night.

Silently, and rather like a ghost- you planted your feet firmly in the shelter beside the eerie platform, piecing together the ideas of what you were going to do when you got to London.

First of all- before you went after your daughter you had to first find Jacob somehow and inform him of the baby girl he fathered to you but never knew about...

A painful pang shot through your heart when your mind even wandered to the actual possibility of seeing Jacob again for the first time in 20 years- so many questions rang like bells in your head; why hadn't he come back for you like he'd promised? Where was he even now? Did he promise his heart to someone else?

The mere process of the image made your body feel desperately weak, thinking that after all the years you had struggled to even cope with a life without him, denying yourself the chance to move on because your heart was his- and to think he could've given his heart and a new wedding ring to another woman shattered you... You didn't want to ever think he could replace you so, because he meant so much to you, you had only naturally wanted him to value your being the same.

Rather subconsciously your (eye colour) orbs had started to tear up, forcing you to viciously wipe them away as your arms wound around your body to hug yourself in the shawl as the station sat in the dark dismal wet besides the single light of an oil lamp.

Sighing deeply and with a confirming realisation, you knew you couldn't go in there with any preconceptions of Jacob or his current life- what mattered most was you made him aware of his daughter.

Even with the intended final thought the back of your mind still whimpered to find him betrothed to you, even after all the time.

The rather soothing sound of the rain mixed with the near silent ambience of the night almost had you drifting into a light sleep in the train station brick shelter, before your eyes soon became disturbed with the flicker of a bright beam getting closer. Opening your lids and focusing your gaze, you were both rather relieved and absolutely petrified to see a dark green train chugging slowly into the station.

A uniformed man swung out of the door, looking rather surprised to actually see someone.

"One ticket to London?" He asked, never the less polite. Heart hammering and ears blaring with the rush of blood and the fright of returning, you swallowed down your anxieties of the unknown and forced a polite and quaint smile.

"If you please."

~~~~

The blackened country scape outside of your small window seemed endless as the practically empty vessel chuffed slowly along the tracks, your body craved sleep and a moment to just clear your head but you were too busy trying to think how you would ever find Jacob in London, it was so vast.

"Calling for Whitechapel Station." The ticket master exclaimed eventually, as your exhausted form hauled up and you got your final check of your ticket, before shakily treading off board and onto the grimy tiles of the station.