Chapter 11; Time To Pay A Visit

A/N: this will be my last update on this story before I meet Paul next week holy fucking fuck fuck I'm meeting Paul Amos okay it's time to chill the fuck out and calm down I'm fine :))))))

---

Bloodied and beaten, bruised almost out of recognition on one side of his face; Jacob had rather become Jack's personal punching bag since the night he'd managed to take his former mentor captive.

"Look at you Jacob!" Jack had snapped one cold night, glaring at Jacob like he was some lower life form, sat in the corner of the dank cell- too exhausted to lift his head. "Pathetic! You should be ashamed of yourself!"

The words didn't even sting, they barely even registered to the assassin who lay on the cell floor with just about enough energy to breathe- Jacob was clawing for life.

And so, like it was just some sort of sick and twisted malevolent game; Jack gave Jacob a chance to breathe, to recover- over the next couple of days. He fed him, gave him water- gave him hope...

And unbeknownst to Jacob, it was all just to break him down again.

A misted fog veiled the city of London as it always had done in the cold snap of the winter, Jack had gained news that Esther Frye; Jacob's wife was back in London and staying with her brother- upon Knowing Jacob would want her to be safe.

With an evil intent at heart, Jack grabbed Jacob by his collar and dragged him, through dirtied cobbled streets, and under the blanket of darkness that shrouded the city, the fearful eyes of the people by daylight could not be seen.

All the way, after passing familiar landmarks that were set firm in Jacob's mind, he knew exactly where Jack was taking him. Esther...

For a few moments the assassin questioned himself why; why instead of killing him- did he insist upon dragging him to see his wife?

Then it hit him like a full punch in the face... you.

Jack didn't waste any time knocking on the door of the modest town house, but instead fled up into the almost empty house- unfortunate timings that Esther's brother had gone to the pub for a few drinks with friends.

The wife of the assassin herself was sat at her whitewashed vanity in the guest room, wearing nothing but her night gown when Jack burst in and practically threw Jacob to the floor- making her cry out loudly.

"Please don't kill me!" She screamed with a guttural volume and a tone like she had been gargling knives, having only really focused on Jack- and straight away it occurred to her who he was. The man was a ruthless killer, and not to be mistaken.

However it was when her eyes fell to her husband who was laid in a heap on the floor, she broke down and fell to her knees in a hysterical fashion.

"Jacob! Jacob! Oh good lord, no!" She shrieked, staring up at Jack, "what have you done to him?"

Jack merely chuckled menacingly, a perfectly poisonous grin forming behind his mask.

"You'd be perfectly fine with what I did to him once you learn the truth, Mrs Frye." He said in a leery and tormenting tone- loving this game he always had the upper hand in playing.

"What? What's going on?" She panicked, staring at Jacob's swollen features with a slight disgust- his appearance clearly weakening her affections for him.

"Well your lovely husband here has been; let's say..." Jack entailed in a pantomime tone as he paced the room, stopping by the end of the bed, "slightly more than unfaithful." He said with a sarcastically helpful tone as Jacob felt his hard drop at knowing what was to come.