Chapter 5; Last Night's Love Affair...

A/N: Last nights love affair is looking vulnerable in my bed... *looks at you to look up Marina and The Diamonds' song Obsessions*

----

The heart racing, hot bodied pleasure evening of mixed sweat and exchanged whispers ended in you somehow staying the night in Jacob's bed.

That one night of sleep just further brought back the memories of when the pair of you were young- the musky scent he carried and the way he looped his arm around your waist as you attempted to sleep stirred mixed confusions in your head and heart alike.

Did you love him? Did you want this? Or were you just after the lust and danger of it all- after hearing about the news of his wife you felt disgusting and wrong for doing such a thing with a married man.

But then again your head forced you to retract the thought.

No. He was always mine. He even said it himself; he only married her to try and get over me.

Morning came far too quickly, a bleak winter sun on a usual slow Sunday cast its rays through the small dusty window. Ironically, you could hear the voices of the various people heading out to church- and the thought of how frowned upon you'd be crossed your mind.

Slowly, your body pulled itself up from the sheets and you rested your head in your hands, tangled (hair colour) hair veiling itself over your features.

God; last night had been erotic and heart poundingly fantastic- it had been too long since you came that hard.

But in the cold light of the morning, you realised twenty years worth of problems couldn't be fixed in one single night of passionate sex.

"(Name)..." You heard Jacob purr, his morning voice sending shivers down your spine with the husk of it. He sat up and pressed a kiss to your shoulder, clearly not phased by the same troubling thoughts as you were.

"Jacob... Might it be possible we just sit down, and talk about things this morning." You asked, (eye colour) eyes filled with sincerity as Jacob looked rather curiously at you.

"Of course..." He replied, yet his tone wavered with a slight uncertainty.

You took yourself out of the way to get yourself dressed into last nights clothes, having the rather embarrassing task of trying to locate where various pieces of your clothing had gone too- luckily finding it all in time to see Jacob had set the kettle boiling, and you decided you couldn't wait for the tea to be made. You had to talk now.

"Jacob..." Your voice sighed as you let your gaze dip, "I know last night was, amazing... To be with you like that again." You started, before looking back up with concern. "But how do you really feel? Now?" You asked with importance.

The assassin let his eyes wander your concerned expression, holding his arms over his broad chest.

"The same as I felt last night. And for the last twenty years. Everything I have done was to try and cope with the fact I thought I'd lost you..." He replied with an intensity in his voice, as you took a deep breath in.

"... By marrying a woman you never really loved..." You sighed, and felt almost sorry for her. She had been believing Jacob was genuine all of that time.

"That's why I couldn't bring myself to start a family with her... I was still secretly hoping you'd arrive in London." He chuckled softly, the pair of you sharing a stare across the small open plan kitchen before there was a series of loud and intense knockings on the front door. Jacob gave you a short unsure look before he headed down the narrow stairwell, opening the distained green door to the slight rosy cheeked sergeant from yesterday.

"Freddy?" Jacob asked, as you watched the man dramatically roll his eyes at Jacob.

"Not the time- Jacob, he's done it again." The officer pleaded, as you felt your heart stop, was this the Ripper everyone was talking about?

"Who is this?" The man called Freddy queried, looking your way. Jacob turned around quickly and you could see his mind ticking furiously.

"This is, erm, an old friend." He summed up quickly, returning with a friendly smile in his hazel eyes. "Anyway, I think you should show me where the latest crime scene is. " Jacob pressed with an urgency rising in his tone when the matter really soaked it. Luckily you had managed to follow Jacob and 'Freddy' down a few narrow streets in Whitechapel- to where you suddenly noticed the numbers of police officers patrolling the smoggy grey streets had increased, cordoning off part of the street from passers by.

"Sergeant Abberline, sir." One officer greeted briskly, allowing all three of you through. All around you, you could feel the death that hung over the particular street. The cold, almost. bleak grey in the skies and the weak white light of the sun behind the clouds made you shudder- fear practically rang in a deathly silence over the neighbourhood.

"The victim of last night's murder was Miss Mary Jane Kelly. As you can see Jacob, it appears the ripper has been, well... Far from graceful with his killing."

You peeked over Jacob's shoulder for merely a second at the grisly murder scene before you, when a shudder so cold shot down your spine.

The woman, or what was left of her, was a mess of red raw, torn open flesh and bloodied guts and entrails, strewn carelessly and grotesquely around her defiled body. The Ripper had totally and utterly mauled her beyond recognition.

Your automatic reaction to hold back the feeling of the hot, white sickness in your stomach was to bury your head in Jacob's shoulder, inhaling sharply at the sight and the stench.

Abberline looked quickly between the murder and now you, who had suddenly appeared in Jacob's arms as he held you, trying to comfort you.

"What-? Has she been following us? She shouldn't of seen this-" he pressed, as Jacob shot him a glance.

"It's done now, Freddy." He sighed out heavily, the burden of the crimes resting firmly on his shoulders.

"How long will these crimes go on for, Hm?" Freddy snapped hotly with an intense look in his eyes, "If you don't start delivering on your promise to catch this criminal soon Jacob, then Ill have to stop protecting this Brotherhood Of yours." He cautioned, continuing to survey the scene with his back to Jacob and yourself, signalling the end of the conversation, clearly very irritated the assassin hadn't made much progress.

------

"I'm sorry... That you had to witness that." Jacob apologised after the short and silent walk back to his lodgings, you practically shivering as he walked you home with his arm around your shoulder.

He placed a cup of tea down in front of you as your mind tried to process the grisly images you'd seen there in front of you. Harrowing was an understatement.

"If you want later, we could go to find this orphanage-" Jacob went to say as you shook your head quickly, in no mood after the gruesome encounter with the body.

With shaken breaths and eyes looking upwards info his own hazel ones, your hands wrapped around the cup as you braved to say.

"Jacob... Who is this Ripper?"