The Surprise: Part Two of Hogsmeade

As Hermione blushed, she felt Ron put his hand over hers. She smiled, while looking at him. He grinned at her as she began to feel the familiar tug at her navel. They were apparating.

Ron and Hermione landed with a short oomph. Gazing at her surroundings, Hermione recognized as London. How could she not with the bustling traffic and people dressed muggle clothing. A wave of nostalgia washed over her.

She remembered walking these streets with her parents, begging for them to buy her sweets at every shop they entered. Looking around she almost forgot that she did not belong here. She turned to Ron to see him staring at her.

"What are we doing here Ron?"

"You'll see," he grabbed her hand and began leading her down the street.

They turned left and continued down the street, passing shops and vendor alike. After a few more turns they finally stopped. They stood in front of a book shop.

Hermione grinned with excitement. She wanted to squeal, she was so happy that Ron would think of this. Reading the sign she noticed that the the shop had a cafe inside.

Ron led her inside without a word, but Hermione hardly noticed. He walked her over to the cafe and sat at a table, Hermione sat across from him. Ron looked at her.

"Do you like it? I thought you would since you love books and those, how do you say it? Capp-o-chin-ooos?"

"Oh, I love it Ron! This is so nice, but why did we go to The Three Broomsticks first?"

"So you wouldn't suspect us coming here. I really did want it to be a surprise."

Hermione's smile widened.
"Well, that was absolutely brilliant."

Ron's ears glowed a fiery red almost matching his hair.

"Do you want to go get a capp- o- whatever it is?" Ron asked.

"Sure."

They walked to the counter,Hermione ordering a cappuccino and Ron ordering orange juice, since it resembled pumpkin juice.

As Hermione reached into her bag to pay, Ron threw ten pounds on the counter beating her to it. This sparked her curiosity. Where did he get muggle money? How did he know how it worked?

"Ron, where did you get muggle money?" Her voiced was laced with impress.

"Well, I got it from Gringott's, did an exchange kind of thing. And Dad told me how it works. I don't quite understand it yet, but I thing I'll get the hang of it."

Hermione giggled.
"Seems like you already are."

They grabbed their drinks and sat back down at the table. Ron reached across the table and grabbed Hermione's hand, giving it a gentle squeeze.

Hermione looked down at her drink blushing, she felt so happy that Ron would do this for her.
"Thank you so much, Ron.

Ron smiled gently.

"It's my pleasure. Say, do you want to look at some books?"

"Yes, I'd love to!"

Hermione practically jumped out of her seat. She grabbed Ron's hand and led him into the maze of books.

She recognized some of her favorite books. To Kill A Mockingbird, Of Mice and Men, and even The Odyssey.

Ron followed behind quietly, his hand still latched to hers.

After browsing for about an hour, Hermione had picked out three books.
As they were walking to register Hermione began to pull out her wallet again. Ron's hand stopped her.

"Hermione," he said quietly, "Let me buy these for you. I want to treat you like a princess today, and a princess never pays."

As Hermione opened her mouth to protest Ron interrupted her.
"Please."

Sighing, she reached out of her bag empty handed. Ron quickly paid for the books. He grabbed Hermione&s hand and led her out of the store into a dark ally.

He grabbed her hand and kissed it. Hermione looked him straight in the eye. As she was about to lean forward and kiss him, her navel was tugged and she was sent spiraling.

They landed with a small thud back at Hogwarts. It was still light outside, but the sky had darkened slightly.

Ron went to say something, but Hermione couldn't help it. She practically jumped onto him and kissed him with all her might. Ron responded quickly falling into rhythm with her.

She pulled away grinning like a fool.
"I don't think I can say thank you enough.".

Ron grinned.
"Well, you could kiss me again.".

Hermione shook her head and smiled. She gave him a quick peck on the lips.
"You must be starving. How about some lunch?"

Ron's eyes lit up.
"That sounds like the best idea you've ever had Hermione."

They laced fingers and began to walk back to the castle.

I cannot apologize enough fro not updating. I had an idea today and decided to go with it. And I want to thank everybody who sent ideas in, they were great! Thank you for reading!!!